Saturday, May 1, 2010

K-SHOTS!!

Last year when Justin had his
Kindergarten shots,
I left wishing
I had brought my camera to document
the sweet interaction as Gracie helped Justin
through this traumatic time in his life!!
Afterward, when Justin had tears in his eyes,
I thought it was because of the shots he had just received..
but he and Gracie were both in tears
knowing her time,
was yet to come... This time I came prepared!

Last year, they had decided Gracie
was NOT going to attend Kindergarten...
(no kindergarten=no shots!)
Well, things changed
as Justin has LOVED Kindergarten!
He worked hard to convince her- that it would be worth it.
"It's not that bad Grace,
I mean it does
Really,Really hurt...
but Kindergarten is
Really,Really fun.
You want to go Grace."

Forgetting about the appointment until 5 minutes before,
worked to our advantage!
Gracie didn't have long to think about what was coming.
I told Justin his job was to take her mind off the shots.
As you can see from the 'before' pictures...
he did a great job!
We were all kept entertained as they posed for the before shots!

BEFORE


AFTER
I don't have near the pictures of the 'after'!
:(
Gracie wanted Justin on the table with her.
He put on all 5 band aids!

This picture melts me.
It's as if she is thinking...
A pink sucker was so
NOT worth 5 shots!

But an ice cream cone on the way home helped!!!!

13 comments:

Kristen said...

This is so sweet. What a tender and special relationship they have. I love this!

marilyn said...

This is the most precious, they are so cute together, Justin takes such good care of her and she wants him there right with her, those two are so blessed to have each other they are truly brother and sister and how brother and sister should be, the pictures are priceless, oh how I miss the Buhrleys, I have to have my Buhrley fix we have to make plans it has been wayyyyyyyy tooooo long, this grandma misses you! Love you

amber buhrley said...

One day I will share my experience with you. Too much info to include in a blog comment. Lets just say TRAUMATIC!!!! I wouldn't have even be able to hold a camera.
I love their interaction. What cuties!

Wendy Buhrley said...

So CUTE! I love it! Zac needs shots for 6th grade. Do you think Justin could come with him? :) Gracie's expressions are so darling! Love you!

Amber said...

PRECIOUS!!!! That first picture is an amazing shot! You have such a knack for capturing candid moments.

When are you guys coming to Utah?

Jill Heaps said...

This is so darling!! They are so cute together. Gracie can go to Kindergarten now... what a miracle! :)

kristen said...

So darling!! I love the sweet bond between these two cuties! I just took Lily in for her Kindergarten shots too, and to my surprise, she didn't even flinch when the nurse poked her poor little legs 4 times. I even took Chris with me for back up and we just stared at each other in amazement when she just watched the needles prick her little thighs. I'm so glad that Justin thinks Kindergarten is so worth the pain of the shots.

ps
Boise is very tempting after the HORRIBLE weather we've been having!!

pss
I still haven't tried the "big" picture yet, but it's on my short list!!

I love, love your darling blog!!!

Jill Heaps said...

PLEASE tell me how you get your pictures so big!!!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot how many shots they get for kindergarten. Talk about traumatizing!! I love that you got so many pictures. It really IS a milestone in a child's life. Good job GRACIE!

Monica said...

So Priceless!!!! I love to see the closeness they share. Sibbling empathy is so strong and can help overcome so many obstacles. These remind me of Laurisa and Mitch when they were little. Laursia could talk Mitch into ANYTHING!!! And could always comfort. They are so adorable and expressive. You are so good at taking tons of pictures!!!

Cease said...

Like Kristen said...and marilyn said...:-D I do some relationship stuff, too...there's just the two of us, but we populate our little apartment with the ideas from our head, LOL

TheUnSoccerMom said...

I just stumbled across your blog. I melted reading this entry and seeing those pictures. Justin is such a kind and caring big brother!! So sweet....

elizabeth said...

Ouch! Made my heart hurt... mine are due for shots and i am dreading it. I'm liable to promise her a pony...