Tuesday, June 8, 2010

early morning bike ride...

6:35 a.m. to be exact!
I found Gracie waiting for me,
helmet in hand,
as I pulled in from the gym this morning.
Learn how to ride your bike...right now??....
@ 6:30 in the morning?
How about later?!!
" BUT mom, I know I can do it.
I know I can do it right now!
Pleeeeease!!!"
How could I say no to determination like that?
" Well...Ok, let's go!"
and GO she went!!!!
She wasn't going to let fear get in her way!
She knew she could do it.
She didn't care if she fell,
she didn't care if it took all day!
(luckily for me it didn't!)
Within 20 minutes,
she was starting, stopping,
and gooooooooing all by herself.
It turned out to be a beautiful morning for a ride!

8 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

So adorable! That is a very determined little girl! WAY TO GO GRACIE!!! Congrats!

amber buhrley said...

Eliza just learned to ride her bike without training wheels last week! I fear I was holding her back. She kept asking and asking and I just didnt want to do it. Lazy I guess, or didnt know how to take off the wheels, or what to do with lily in my arms each time she asked! Then one night, when we were done with our bike ride she said "mom, you just dont have faith in me." How could I ignore that? Of course, she learned that night first try! Congrats Gracie, we are very excited for you!!

Amber said...

It's official. She's no longer so little anymore! Your babies are growing up! Congrats Gracie!

pepper said...

I love that it was at 6:30 in the morning and she is dressed and ready to GO for the day.

marilyn said...

Wha a gift Gracie has, her determination, and her desire to not let anything get in the way of what she has her little heart set on, its amazing how she was born with that. I love the pictures her face tells it all, when you are ready you are ready no matter what time it is, I think she got that from her mother maybe!. Love you great job Gracie!!!!!!

Monica said...

Congratulations Gracie...Love your DETERMINATION!!! We miss you and hope to get to see you soon!

kristen said...

Wow, that is an early morning ride. Too darling! I have to get on the ball here, Lily can't ride anything yet and really wants to and Chloe isn't confident on 2 wheels. Gosh, this is inspiring, I'm going to get my girlie's on 2 wheels this summer for sure!! Love your cute posts :)

Joan said...

Way to go Gracie. You are growing up so fast. You just need to get that helmet on more securely so you don't hurt that pretty head. We love your blogs Jolyn. You do a great job. It is so important to us to see what all the grandchildren are doing.