Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last week of Summer!

The last week of Summer!?!
I can't believe it!
I do not feel ready to give up the freedom of
spontaneous evenings, late nights...( playing NOT doing homework!)
Vacations, reunions, and spending lots of time together.
We have not been bored!
It's been a wonderful Summer, if only a little too short.
We have played to exhaustion-
as this picture taken after a game of SkipBo shows.
Some of us didn't last the game.
The ones not pictured were the ones winning...
and the ones awake!:)
Here are some random favorites of
Summer.
I absolutely LOVE coming home to flowers on my porch.
They didn't do as well this year...bad dirt:( but this is how they looked for a little while!:)

Some of my favorites this year were the wild flowers
shown here that surrounded our raspberry patch.
We have already been eating raspberries from our starts this year!
In fact, if we can't find Mandi....we know where to look.
Her favorite getaway this Summer had to be the raspberry patch.
I think she ate 3/4 of our crop!

Pictured here are some of the first picks of the year.
Justin was unsure of the beats!
Until he found out what eating them does.
Now it is a favorite- as he loves red pee.

Gotta love backyard camping!
Easiest camping clean up EVER!
Gracie took the matter of getting a swimming pool
into her own hands!
I came out one day as she was "swimming."
As you can also see-she has started to wear make-up.

One of the backyard forts made this Summer.
-not pictured-
countless indoor forts!

Backyard Pac meetings.
Mitch didn't quite make it!!
So close!

Here are some pictures of us partying on Mitchell's tenth b-day!
Party Time is always a favorite.
It is not Summer around here
without Popsicles in the freezer!
Creamies are a definite favorite.


Good Summer memories
(with more posts and pictures to come!)
Ready or not, school here we come!

10 comments:

marilyn said...

This is the cutest post ever what a great summer and what a great mother to enjoy the moment because they are gone way to fast! I can't believe summer is almost over, how come all the seasons go so fast except for winter? Family is everything and you have a great very talented inspiring way of showing it! love you

Christina said...

I love the summer recap! What a fun summer! Happy Brainstorming on Back to School ideas! :)

amber buhrley said...

cute post...very fun summer!

Meggie said...

Did you happen to go to Boondocks for Mitch's Bday?! We just went there as a family.. loved it!! I wanna go as adults next time!!

Loved her homemade swimpool.. always thinking..

And to pee red.. who knew.. I will have to try!! LOL

Love you and I am EXCITED to see you in about 5 weeks!!

Kristen said...

What a fun summer you've had! I love all the pictures. The one of everyone sleeping on the floor made me laugh, as I have seen that a few times too.

You have such a fun family! Thanks for sharing.

Jill Heaps said...

What a wonderful summer! You know how to enjoy every minute! Your kids look so happy and it is so fun to see Mac in pictures enjoying his siblings when he isn't so crazy busy :) love you

Monica said...

Such fun summer pictures! I too love summer and always hate for it to come to an end. But I have to admit I'm loving the routine again! Love you!

Amber said...

Those flowers are breath taking! I love the fun you are having with your gardens. It is so bonding and beautiful, not to mention delicious and healthy!! You take such great pix!! We've been playing Skip Bo too!

Gracie's a go getter already. Love the swimming pool!!!! We've been missing you guys!! We think of our fun with you all the time.

Heidi said...

What a fun summer! Your kids are so cute and creative. I love looking at your blog!

wendy said...

cute cute cute! I will need tips on how to garden, I have been wanting to start one. Your flowers a so pretty! By the way, I did see the comforter online but I want to see it in person...Thanks!