Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick-or Treat!!

Happy Halloween!
We started out the night with our traditional
veggie chili and cornbread.
I think this was the 18th year of this tradition.
I had to put in this picture of Gracie as she is saying,
"delicious!" and also because yes,
she is in a swim suit.
I thought this stage would pass! Why do I buy her clothes?!:)As Mac said,
"This is kind of a strange holiday
if you think about it....!"
Yet, it is one we look forward to and enjoy!


Our church Halloween party was a lot of fun.
Between school, church, and trick-or- treating,
we had 3 days of candy celebration!
By the end Justin was giving away his own candy
to kids that came to our door!
I think now he wishes he had it back!:)

Lou and I with a few of our fellow hippie friends!
We used our "Whiting Idol" costumes of
Sonny and Cher.
( I will eventually post pictures of this event!)
Many did not even recognize Lou.
He truly transformed into Sonny!

Halloween 2009!
Let the Holidays begin!!!


11 comments:

amber buhrley said...

Sounds like fun! Wish we were there. Our Halloween was admitingly a little boring. All the more reason to move back to Boise! Glad to see Mckay dressed up and the picture of him holding gracies hand just melted my heart! What a stud!

Jill Heaps said...

LOVE the costumes Sis! I have to say Mandi's nerd costume is still my favorite! Just think, your FAVORITE sis will be with you on the next holiday..you lucky Buhrleys you!!!

wendy said...

oh how fun!Veggie chili? I don't know about that, maybe i should get the recipe and try it out! Happy Halloween!

Christina said...

Your family is so cute! I love the costumes and I love that you and Lou dress up! Very nice!

Monica said...

Such fun costumes!!! Both my girls were mini mouse at that same age. Brought back memories. Looks like a fun halloween.
We have the same tradition of chili on halloween ( I think it is a mom's way of trying to feed her kids something healthy before they get all that candy) I'll have to get your recipe and try it. I'm always looking for new recipes.
Hey I went to Designer Blvd today to see the cute clothes you and Wendy were talking about. I found some cute jeans and tops for super cheap. Wish you were here to go with!

Amber said...

I remember your veggie chili from our reunion at Zions and I really do need that recipe! Of course, Gracie looks beautiful! Love the twin muscles! Did you and Lou perform at the party, I hope??????!!! You guys make the outfit work so well! Love the hair, Mandi! Happy Halloween to all of you!

Monica said...

P.S.
McKay is looking so much like Justin to me~ Amazing!

Monica said...

Make sure you post the chili recipe on your blog!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I know, I have always seen Justin in Mckay. Sometimes even his body movements and the way he says something or the way he walks...it is pretty crazy. I remember when Mac was about 2 years old and walking behind Justin-he was trying to mimic Justins walk and doing a really good job of it--I guess he now has it down! LOL!!

Heidi said...

What a fun Halloween. I love the picture with Mckay holding Gracie's hand. Tell Lou that he looked like uncle Roger in his Halloween costume:)!

marilyn said...

I love the pictures everyone looks so good I love how close they all are to each other and how happy they are being together, I'm proud of you and Lou dressing up I'm not surprised people didn't reconize Lou he look so different its so fun having such an awesome family, I agree Mckay looks a lot like Justin its amazing can't wait to all be together again!!!!!!!!