Friday, October 30, 2009

Sweet Sixteen!

Happy Birthday Mckay! I know people always say this, but it's true...
where has the time gone!?
I can hardly believe Mac is 16 !!
I love this picture of all the kids.
It was taken 2 days before his birthday
and the way Gracie is lovin on him,
speaks volumes.
He really is the center of our home and
is loved by all.
If you know Mac, you know he does not
like to speak of his accomplishments
nor does he define himself by success.
The only time he has held a trophy or medal
has been for a picture we have pleaded for.
So for me to write anything about him
is pretty risky on my part!
But I think he will allow this because
he knows it means a lot to me!
16 facts about Mckay:
***Every teacher since Kindergarten
has told me the same thing.
Mac is a friend to all.
(and... he talks a little too much. )
"Mac is nice to everyone."
a common phrase said by both teachers and peers.
**Mckay would give away anything
he had if he knew someone really needed it.
He is not driven by money or "things"
but by his huge heart.
**He is very humble and compassionate.
**Mac is a leader.
He has never done something just because someone else does.
**He is very self motivated,
driven and disciplined.
In first grade he woke himself up
by his own body clock so he could read for 2 hours
before school each day-
to win the hot air balloon ride! He did win...
but has never read that much since.:)
**Mckay is competitive but not only with others.
He is continually striving for his personal best.
**Mckay loves his Heavenly Father
and truly wants to follow him.
**Mckay works hard and plays hard.
**Mckay is always looking for ways
to live life to the fullest. It is never a dull moment!
If it is-it is his mission to change that.
**He has an amazing sense of humor
and loves to tease.
**He loves and appreciates a variety of music.
**He loves his family.
**People are drawn to him.
**He is a very loyal friend.
**His has a smile
that can get him pretty much
whatever he wants.
**When talking on the phone he always ends with an
"I love you"-always.
These pictures brought back
a flood of sweet memories.
We are so grateful for this
strong, faithful ,kind hearted
16 year old!















Happy Birthday Louis Mckay,
Mac, Mac attack, Mac-a-Dude, Big Mac...
We Love you!

14 comments:

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

WOW.....this is so true! I have SUCH A STUD cousin! :) :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! with LOVE from Arizona :) Miss and LOVE you so much! I love all these pictures, I love how he loves his little siblings so much, its so sweet. I wish I could come visit soon. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

amber buhrley said...

Matt and I were reminiscing and also couldnt believe he is already 16. Matt said it really makes him feel old because he was a toddler at his mission farewell! Yikes! Loved all the pictures! Makes me want to snuggle my own kids more knowing sooner then I realize they will all be grown up.

We love you Mckay and think you are great too!

Monica said...

Happy 16th Birthday McKay! What an exciting time in your life. Yeah you get to drive. We agree with everything your mom says. You are amazing and we love you!

Carol said...

And he has turned into one handsome guy! Happy Birthday Mac!!!

BTW, I also LOVE the picture you have at the top of this post...you need to blow it up and frame it.

Jill Heaps said...

Mac, don't get mad at your mom for telling the absolute TRUTH about you! You won't do it so someone does! I love you so much Even though you pooped on me when you were a baby...I know I am still your favorite ;) I hope you had a wonderful birthday and a great experience receiving the priesthood. Thanks for your example to our whole family!!! LOVE YOU

Heidi said...

They grow so fast! It was so fun to look at the pictures of him when he was little. What a great and cute kid!

Christina said...

Wow! He has grown up so much! I still think of him as "the one who looks like Johnathon Lipnicki" (the little boy off of Jerry McGuire). I guess he definitely is not a little boy anymore!

marilyn said...

I have tears in my eyes, where does the time go Jolyn you put it perfectly, Mckay has such a kind heart and is amazing at whatever he wants to do . Sixteen is such a fun time and he is ready for the world Mac we Love you and can't wait to see you and thanks for being such a great example and friend to all and especially how great you are to your precious sisters and brothers you are their hero and thanks again for being you and the best you can be Love you

kristen said...

What a great kid and such sweet proud parents. Happy birthday to a wonderful boy!!

Amber said...

These pictures are soooo sweet! I just love the one when he is little jumping high off the dirt mound! We were there at your house with that yellow snake! These memory posts are the best. Mckay is so kind, ambitious, conscientious of others and just super awesome. Ditto to all the things you wrote!Happy Birthday, Mckay!! Love the sibling picture. It is beautiful.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

SIXTEEN!!! Whaaaaaaa?!? Holy smokes, time flies. I have a picture of Caitlyn and Mac together and they're probably all of 1 or 2 years old. I'll have to email it to you. He has grown up into such a fine young man. I can tell by the wonderful things you say about him that he's just an outstanding person. I only have to look at his parents to have a glimpse as to the type of individual he is! He has WONDERFUL things in his future!

Wendy Buhrley said...

I loved looking at all the awesome pictures of McKay! Like a walk down memory lane :) Dave and I were talking and remember so well when Mckay was born - we were so excited to become an aunt and uncle :) I remember that we couldn't wait for that Christmas to meet him and play with him. Mac we love you! Thanks for being so amazing and such a great example to Josh too. XXOO

Ging said...

Dang, he has really matured!!! What a hottie. Loved the tribute and all the pictures. Wish you guys were closer, so we knew them better! Love you guys!

selva2611 said...

Ask me how to win Lotto 8 out of 10 times! World's

Discover how $2 Million Dollar man Ken Silver and his 17 year-old Silver Lotto System won an Australian couple $281,000.00. Ken gets wins in 80% of games. His System works on all lotto games worldwide that have from 5 to 7 balls and up to 59 numbers. Easy steps, everyone can do in 30 minutes. Fast support and answers from Ken Silver personally.http://www.winpowerlotto.com