Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's my LUCKY day!!!

Justin Michael Buhrley Lucky!
describes perfectly the way you feel
when Justin's around!
So it is only fitting to begin his birthday post
with some St. Patty day pictures!
Hat and photo session designed by the b-day boy himself. :)

We adore this 6 year old boy.

He brings so much love, energy,
and laughter to our home.
As you can see from the Chucky Cheese birthday pictures above,
you can't help but smile, when he is around!


Somehow, I missed getting many pictures of our celebration.
However, these few definitely show his
personality!
I love the sweet expressions of excitement and gratitude
shown while opening presents.
He doesn't know what it is before he is saying,
"Thank you! Thank you!"


I was happy Lou got some pictures,
of what must of been, a very fun ride!
I just love the way Gracie
is looking at Justin!


Here are just a few things I heard Justin say this week...

"You look beautiful! WOW. you. look. beautiful!"
Justin tells his mom and sisters daily they are beautiful.
He says it with such sincerity,
you just have to believe him!!
He is also the first to notice when I have something new on, or I've changed my hair!


"Mom, you and dad are perfect together..
but sometimes
I wish I would have met you before dad."



"Mom, you are the best mom in the whole,whole world.
I am so glad I have you."

I just asked Mac what's something sweet Justin has said to him lately.
"That's easy... he tells me I'm the best brother in the whole world,
he tells that to me every single day."
Mac then adds,
"Oh, I love that kid."

Tonight,
as Justin was kissing my entire face goodnight,
he said, " I love you mom,
tomorrow I am going to be so,so nice."

With his big brown eyes
and eyelashes that touch his eyebrows,
this little guy can melt your heart in a second.
Add that with his genuine sweet,thoughtful,
(although very mischievous,)
nature... and you have the
most adorable 6 year old in the world!

Happy Birthday Justin.
We feel so LUCKY to be loved by you.
XOXOXOXOX

10 comments:

amber buhrley said...

I've been waiting to see your name at the top of my most recently updated list! Yeah! Your back to the blogging world! I love this post for so many reasons but mostly because its fun to see and hear how much justin has grown up. When we left he was a quiet, hard to understand little boy. Now he is a kindergarten going, endless vocabulary 6 year old who says such sweet things. What a cutie! Must have a pretty great mom to teach him all those things!

Wendy Buhrley said...

Hooray! You are back and I have so missed you! So sorry that we didn't get to catch up last week. I will be home cleaning house all day tomorrow for mom and dad to come Tuesday - if you wanna call :) This post is so cute and sweet. I love every single word of it and the pictures are priceless! Love you!

Amber said...

You ARE lucky! Who can resist such a sweetheart?! Those are the sweetest words! I can practically hear him saying them as I read you post.

Nice to see you!! I've missed your posts! Love you!

kristen said...

You have the sweetest way of expressing yourself, especially when it comes to your beautiful family! I love this darling post, and I think you are just a lucky family all together to have each other. Welcome back :) I've been checking on you to see when you'd post something new, and I just love what you have to say! Happy Birthday Justin!

Jill Heaps said...

What an adorable boy!!! I miss his laughter and fun!! I am sure he had a wonderful birthday celebration :) I miss you guys. I hope you are planning on coming to Utah soon.... LOVE YOU!!!
YOU. truly are, BEAUTIFUL!!!

marilyn said...

I was soooo excited to see you finally had a new post, you always are so great at expressing your feelings towards your family, I also love how Gracie is looking at Justing it says volumes how she feels about her brother, he always knows just what to say, can you imagine how much the girls are going to like that, and I agree he does have a beautiful mom, I love you and I miss you all soooooo much, life has to calm down, when we retire we have to have time to catch up and spend lots of time with all of our family before we go on a mission, its so hard that we just can't pick up and leave whenever we want. Love you

Mindy said...

Wow - what a sweet boy! Can you write a manual for us moms with boys? :) Your family is so sweet.

Kristen said...

What a joy little boys are! I love reading about Justin's sweet gentle heart and immense love and admiration for his family. What a treasure!

Thanks for sharing, and welcome back to blogging, we've missed you!

pepper said...

He just looks so happy. I almost stopped checking your blog (as I am sure most people have stopped checking mine). This is a great reason to post. It looks like he had a wonderful birthday. Happy Birthday Justin.

wendy said...

I was so surprised to see an update from you! Yay, I'm so excited! Don't feel bad, I do the same thing. Nothing for a while then boob-boom-boom-Updates.
Justin is so stinkin cute!