Thursday, April 15, 2010

sleepy tears...

6:15 pm...Gracie has a complete
meltdown in the car.

6:25 pm...Gracie is falling asleep!

6:26 pm...Mom tries getting Gracie to,
"wake up!"
(it's way to late in the day for a 'nap'!)

6:27 pm...Justin's very calm plea with mom,
" Mom, maybe let her rest...sometimes when your parents get
VERY stern
and it makes you so,so sad
and you cry
really big tears...
it just makes you sleepy."
I want to remember the sweet,calm delivery of this information.
Especially, on the rare occasion I find myself being,
very stern.
:)

3 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

Thanks for the laugh! Can he be any cuter???? I want to kiss and hug your kids right NOW!!! love you... Mom, would tell you you can NEVER be "stern" to your kids because they are too precious!!! I guess that's why Emily must get sleepy all the time :)

marilyn said...

How adorable and wise, he melts your heart, great advice,!!!! love you

amber buhrley said...

I dont know how I missed all these posts? Some how it didnt update on my blog that you had posted! So fun! All the spring break fun and all. So jealou. I need a long getaway and I can't even tell you the last time matt and I went skiing. I actually can remember...it was at bogus a few years back and you watched our kids for us! What a great SIL!!!!