Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Aspen Grove Family Camp...

Our Family recently spent a week in
absolute beauty. The Aspen Grove family camp is a week
spent in the Provo Canyon and it is
truly beautiful.
I think this was the most relaxing vacation
I have ever had.
Lots of great family time with as much
or as little to fill your days as you want.

The rock wall and rope course was a favorite...of some,

I'm not included in that 'some'.

But, I was brave!



Crafts was another favorite!
We all could have spent hours in here creating.
As you can see from the pictures,
painting wasn't just done
in the craft room!
Each day the kids spent time doing activities
with kids their own age.
At pick up each day,
we could always count on our youngest two
having freshly painted faces!
This was family dance night!
It was hilarious because most families
were there with HUGE family reunions.
We just had our own little family.
But, hey...
we rocked the house!


My kids could LIVE in the pool.



I'm sure Lou, Mac, Mandi and Mitch
played at least 100 ping pong games!
Gotta love that
friendly competition...ha,ha.
I had to calm Lou down a few times.;)

We left Aspen Grove to spend another
fun two days with our Utah family.
We hiked the Y one day and Stewart falls another.
I hear families that hike together stay together....
well, these guys are definitely keepers.
The cousins love
being together.
Being there for Grandma's birthday
was another highlight!
The pictures below show the
breakfast
Emily and Grace made for her.
They didn't want grandma to lift a finger!!
It was the sweetest thing.
They made a delicious salad
for the birthday girl.
Or, should I say they made ranch dressing
with some spinach on the side!
Grandma was thrilled!:)
Family trips are the best part of summer!

5 comments:

amber buhrley said...

Oh my gosh! Sign us up for next year! That looks amazing. I bet it was great family bonding time. Looks like so much fun.

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

GEEEZ !! WHAT baddd timing! i was up there rock climbing that same wall last week.. and hiked the y. . dang i missed you guys! love you:) those pictures are sooo stinking cuute. its fun having mac here:)

Kristen said...

We went there several summers when I was a kid. Loved it! Your photos are so cute and your post brought back great memories! My first kiss was at Aspen Grove! It was gross!

marilyn said...

I can't believe even Justin and Gracie climed that rock wall, I tried the easiest side and I got absolutely no where, it took so much strength my arms are so week and I work out every day, it must really be doing me a lot of good. Ha. Even Jolyn went to the top of course you have lots of muscle in your arms, I loved the pictures, it is so beautiful there, and what great bonding time, I love the pictures of the wonderful birthday breakfast I will never forget those precious moments, those two little girls were so sweet! Love you

Lou said...

What a great family vacation. It looked so-o-o fun. Those were pretty cute painted faces. The dance night looked great. It has been years since I saw anyone do the limbo. How low did you go? Swimming, games, all those fun activities. Great pictures! we love your blogs. We can't wait to see all of you. Love, Mom & Dad B