Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Better late then never....Summer 2009!?!

So, when I started blogging,
I told myself, the best part about blogging...
I never need to feel behind.
I can just pick up anywhere...
right??!!
I've had these collages made since last summer!
(along with others, yet to come)
As I was looking through these pictures from our
Whiting reunion
last summer, I couldn't resist posting.
If you don't want to look at all of them...
skip down to my mom on the swing,
this is a must see.

These pictures brought back some great memories.
We have been blessed with close relationships,
and truly enjoy being together.
These pictures are especially tender,
as they are the last ones we have with our,
Sweet Grandma Pink.
We love and miss you grandma.





Oh, this is

PRICELESS!



Some of us went waaaaay out of our comfort zone
when doing this rope course!
when I saw these pictures,
I decided maybe my kids are right...
I do have some of my mom in me?
one can only hope.


I should probably explain the following photos...
Someone came up with the idea of having a
Whiting Idol.
Not sure who is to blame for this,
but it was a night to remember!
I'm sure the video of this fun night
will be a keepsake for years to come.
Without knowing,
Lou and I chose the same Sonny and Cher song
as my parents!
The younger version and the
older,more polished version of
"I got you babe."
Who knew there was soooo much talent
in the Whiting family!!:)
Seriously, we do have
some amazing stars in this family!
And others...
fake it well!!
The young.

The polished.

Soooo much fun.


This memorable night concluded
with the Buhrley kids preforming,
"Right back where we started from."
The Whiting Family 2009.

9 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

man. i sure love this post. what fun memories:)

marilyn said...

WoW what a great posting!!!!!!!!
After looking at this WE NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER REUNIUN!!! Mom said she is really brave, (I'm not so sure) How about you? This was so
much fun to see. Great Memories..

Dad is writing if you couldn't tell

amber buhrley said...

This looks like it was really fun! I love family reunions and remember its your blog, do what you want!

Jill Heaps said...

Such a fun reunion and PRICELESS memories! I love you!!! We can't wait to see more!

Christina said...

What great pictures! I love all the smiles! :)

Meg said...

Ok.. SOOO I love this!! I want to steal this RIGHT OFF and put it on mine... DId you know that you Can cahnage the date and PUT IT BACK IN ORDER OF 2009? DOn't you wish I was always coming there, so I could help you?! I DO :( Couldn't sleep a WINK last night soo I FINALLY got on blogs after MONTHS OFF!! LOve you!

kristen said...

I love all the pictures!! I need to figure out the collage so I can update too! Wow, summer gets crazy (in a good way) and blogging gets put way off :) You have some fabulous fun pictures, and some fantastic memories!! Love them all, and I love your mom on a swing...DARLING!

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

oh man, I had a REALLY good laugh... forgot how hilarious those pictures were. we sure have a fun family!! I love you and miss you :)

Monica said...

Love this post! Brings back so many fun memories! I have all these pictures memorized from putting the reunion scrapbook together. I agree, better late than never...my goal is to get caught up also, in between weddings! Ha ha!
We miss that cute McKay, Jake was just telling a funny story today of when he was here! LOL