Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still time to be Thankful!

I've somewhat neglected blogging,
 and I'm really excited to post about
Christmas..
however, I could NOT forget
Thanksgiving!
 For many reasons this Thanksgiving
 will always have a special place in my heart.
 Perhaps the biggest reason of all is simply
 the love that could be felt as
 I had all my kiddos together.
 With grandparents,uncles,aunts,and cousins
  unconditional love was truly felt this Thanksgiving.
 I feel such gratitude to a wise and loving
 Father in heaven that made
family the center
of his plan of
happiness.
  



The LONGEST picture in the World!!
The cousins were inspired by Ramona Quimby
 and made their own version of
The LONGEST picture in the World!
 (as seen above.)
They spent Many busy, creative hours
 together on this fun project.
 It really is impressive and really is
 LONG!
We ended our Thanksgiving weekend
with special visits to both of Lou's grandmother's.
Grandma Atwood is 95 years old and
you would NEVER know it.
She is absolutely amazing.
She has overcome so many obstacles in her life
 and is such an inspiration.
I don't think the women of this family age.
It's a little disturbing.
Pretty soon I'll look older then my mother-in-law.
 really.
Visiting Grandma Buhrley
was such a tender experience.
 Oh, how
we love her.
While in her presence,
 you feel of her goodness.
You just want to soak in her sweet spirit.
Truly a Thanksgiving to remember. 

8 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Jolyn, what a great post! I have to admit I got a little teary eyed as I saw the pictures of Grandma Buhrley. You described her and her sweet spirit perfectly. Looking at all your pictures made me want to celebrate Thanksgiving all over again! I don't know why LOVE just flows during the holidays, but isn't it great?

kristen said...

Amazing! We just had my sweet 93 year old grandma in town, and celebrated one of Chris' grandma's 90th bday last week, and his other grandma is 83. They are all amazing women too. I tell my kids every time we are around them to ask questions about their lives, because when they die, so will their stories! I love that you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of your family!! That's the best :)

Jill Heaps said...

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving full of gratitude. There is a special spirit around when we have grateful hearts. Thank you for making our Thanksgiving so wonderful!!
I love you!!!

Joan said...

The pictures were great! It looks like you all had some really fun activities. Your nieces and nephews are growing up so much since we last saw them. It was so fun to see your family with our moms. It was great to see you before the holiday too. Love, Mom & Dad B.

marilyn said...

This was a very wonderful Thanksgiving, having so much of our family here made it the best ever! Your pictures brought so many wonderful memories, oh how I love our family! I can't believe January is almost over, time goes so quickly, we just have to remember how much we have to be thankful for, life goes much to fast. Thanks for making our Thanksgiving! Love You!!!!

wendy said...

i love all the Whiting extended family. you can help but have fun and feel special with you guys! Love and miss you!

Wendy Buhrley said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like a wonderful holiday! I especially loved the picture of Gracie hugging Mckay -- melted my heart. Grandma looks really good in these pictures too - what a treasure to have had such a great visit with her that day :) It was so much fun to get to see you last week! Just too short! I miss you already! Love you! XOXOXO

BBM said...

Great looking family. It is refreshing to see that some still remember what family and the holidays should really be about. Thanks for your positive words it set the tone for the rest of my day. Enjoy 2011!