Friday, September 18, 2009

Laborbirth Day!

This year my Birthday
fell on Labor Day.
I loved everyone having the day off to play with me!
My morning started out with sleeping in until 8 a.m.!!
I awoke to sweet Birthday signs all over the house
(Thank you Mandi!)

I also awoke to busy sounds coming from the kitchen!
This is what I found!
I proceeded with a morning workout,
while my family slaved away in the kitchen
making a gourmet breakfast!

Serious good food!
serious sweet husband/dad.
Beautiful fruit and delicious veggie omelet.
My favorites.

We spent the day together-
including another picnic at the park.
This just may be a new birthday tradition!
The day ended with our "Special Cake".
Grandma Whiting created this years ago!
She really should have gone public with this
before Betty Crocker did!
"Special Cake"
includes adding pudding and chocolate chips to the mix
and topping it with cream cheese frosting.
Out of this world.
We also put applesauce instead of oil.
This not only makes it healthier,
(so we can add more chocolate chips!),
but makes it sooooo moist-
absolutely delish.
This was topped off with
homemade ice cream.
Heavenly, the best ice cream I have ever had!
A very nice Laborbirth day.

9 comments:

amber buhrley said...

woa...you are one crazy woman sleeping in until 8:00! Glad you had a fun birthday!

Jill Heaps said...

It looks like a wonderful birthday for my wonderful Sis! you deserve a good sleep in once a year right?! I love you!!!!

marilyn said...

Your family really made your birthday special, I love how happy they look trying to do something special for their wonderful beautiful mother, you deserved every second, love all of you and happy happy birthday to one great daughter, wife and mom and sister and friend and everything! you are the greatest!!!!!!!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like your family spoiled you! You deserve it! Love you!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Happy, happy late birthday!! What a beautiful thing your family put together for you. You have such a CUTE family and you get more BEAUTIFUL all the time :)

kristen said...

What a great day!!! Happy birthday...so very late! I wish we were going to Rocky Point with you guys!! We can't pull it off, but we are in for the next trip for sure!!! I hope you enjoy your 29th year...I know I do every year:)Miss you!

Christina said...

How fun! This seriously looked like a fantastic day! I want to try that cake! Cake = yum, chocolate chips = double yum, cream cheese frosting = mmmmmmmm, pudding = yikes another yum! How could this not be fantastic!

pepper said...

It looks like a wonderful day. At first a laborbirth day sounds a little painful, but in the end it looks like it turned out to be a great day. When are you coming to visit? Are you going to stay with us? We would love it...

Amber said...

I love the decorated chair! The breakfast looks amazing! You have awesome kids and husband, really!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!