Thursday, October 29, 2009

Arizona weekend!

Lou and I spent last weekend in Arizona!
We have family on both sides and it was wonderful
to spend this quick trip with them.
Lou had meetings in Scottsdale,
and we had planned on staying in a hotel.
Wendy, the great and wise
sister she is,
talked me into staying at her house
(it didn't take much talking.)
and putting the hotel money to better use.
Which I joyfully did, doing some seriously fun
Arizona shopping!
Friday night both Buhrley families
met up with Wade and Monica for some
great food and even better company.
Saturday we had lunch with all the Whiting clan -
minus Jos:( at Grecko grill.
How I love this family!
We had a great time finding out about
Laurisa's college life-
and tried to get as much info as possible on her "love" life.
I take this responsibility very seriously as an Aunt.
However, Mckay was not happy
I hung out with Mitch and Jake
without him!
He insists on coming with us next time!
Monica surprised me with
a cute,cute,cute apron
she had made the day before!
(notice the top picture in the collage!)
With an apron this cute-
cooking...
is sure to be a delight!?
( or at the very least I will look adorable!)
After lunch, Monica,Wendy and I
had a productive shopping day!
I always like to be productive!
My bags were much heavier coming home!
These woman are dangerous to shop with!:)
Really, it's probably because I actually had time to shop
without any other responsibilities!
It was a fun day.
Sunday morning while Lou finished up in meetings,
I spent time with Grandma Wright.
I arrived at grandma's assisted living home at 8 a.m.
and was able to spend the next 5 hours visiting.
It was a sweet, sweet experience.

I was thrilled when my Aunt Ginger,
cousins Bridgett and Wendy-
with 2 of her darling children,
came and kept me company for 3 hours!
I don't get to see my Arizona family near enough
and it was wonderful!
It was fun catching up
and it made for the perfect ending to a great weekend.
Monica and Mitch came before we had to leave
and Mitch gave us all a magic show.
There are 5 women staying in this home
and I think they all now have a crush on Mitch.
I don't blame them.

Thank you Wendy
for the fun shopping, late night talking,
and a weekend that felt like a vacation.
I love spending time with you
and wanted to pack your sweet kids in my suitcase
and bring them home.
Yes, all of them-not just baby Luke!
Although, Luke- I would never give back.
Can't wait for my next
Arizona visit!
p.s. I am also going through major withdrawals
from going on 3 trips with Lou this month.

11 comments:

Grafton and Laurisa Milne said...

It was SOOO good to see you! I love you so much! you are the cutest Aunt..I love that you are interested in my "love" life! haha! you're the greatest! I can't wait til I can see you again! Give your family Loves from me :)

Monica said...

It was so fun spending time with you! We always love when we get visitors. Thanks for all the shopping tips, you have a great sense of style.
You look so adorable in that apron. I hope you think of how much I love you everytime you put it on! Thanks again for spending time with us! Love you!

Amber said...

Glad your back on the blog after your trips! Grandma looks so sweet. I really need to see her. CUTE apron!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Monica,
Gracie wants me to wear the apron whenever I am making anything in the kitchen...including pb sandwiches!! It's so cute and since we have pb for dinner sometimes, thats OK!:)

amber buhrley said...

I wish I wasnt having a baby when you came to california so you could stay with me and shop and stay up late. Oh wait-I also wish I didn't live with my parents and had a place for you to stay! Maybe we will have to pretend we are on vacation when i live in boise and have a day of kid free shopping!

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

what the heck i missed out on gecko grill and my aunt and uncle?? wow. no fair! i love you so much. come visit utah ! ;) only six hours away:)! im pretty sure its warmer then idaho.. did i just say utah was warm?? who am i kiddin??!!

marilyn said...

I love your blogs I feel your laughter and just the joy of being with you I miss you so much you are so precious, I'm glad you had so much fun, I love the pictures I know Grandma loved seeing you, you do look adorable in your new apron! I love that Mitch did magic for Grandma how fun to make people so happy Can't wait to see you!!!!

Meg said...

Why don't I get mentioned on your vacay blogs :( I am feeling left out!! LOL ok maybe I am not but I thought it would be fun to make you have a smidget of guilt!! LOL

You must post the peanut butter and funny video we made on.. they are keepers!
Love you!

kristen said...

What a fun time in AZ!! I'm so bummed I missed you!! Next time for sure...we are scheming a Greek Isle trip next:) I wish we could have pulled off Mexico too. I miss you!!

Monica said...

P.S. The picture on the top makes me laugh so hard because I still remember that crazy flash that goes off 10 times and blinds you!

Wendy Buhrley said...

I am going through Jolyn withdraw after all the fun time we have had to play together! You are welcome, but the pleasure was mine! :) I love you! I miss you! XXOO

PS- You will laugh at this but after all our debate on sizes and dresses that go with creme legging - I was putting clothes away and didn't have any in my bag!!!! Don't know how that happened!