Friday, October 9, 2009

San Diego

The Endodontic meetings we attend in San Diego
every October are some of my very favorite.
I love the setting-(it's held at a beautiful resort )
and I love the atmosphere this conference provides.
Those who come to these meetings are truly interested
in improving the service and quality
of the work they do each day.
Not quantity, but quality.
It is nice to be associated with people
of such integrity.
We always bring the staff to this conference
and I also love being around these women.

I also love spending time
with this particular Endodontist.
We had quite the laughs trying
to take these evening shots... of ourselves!

However, this weekends highlight had to be
Baby Lily.
Matt and Amber were thoughtful enough
to have this beautiful baby on the one day
we could drive up and see them!
They were less then 2 hours away
and we couldn't get there fast enough.
There is just nothing like a newborn.
She melted my heart.
I truly would have taken her home
with me if I could have.
It was very hard to leave the hospital.
We loved being able to share a few moments
of this special time with Matt and Amber.

It also seems to be a tradition
to stop by Mike and Pepper's house for pizza each year!
They only live about an hour from where we stay
and it's fun to spend a few hours together and catch up.
It is also nice to see their darling children
when Grandpa Buhrley is not around.
Grandpa tends to be a little selfish with his grandchildren.
Actually, the truth is when Grandma and Grandpa are around
no one else matters!

Welcome Lily Odessa Buhrley!

9 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

It looks like you had an amazing trip! Your pictures are beautiful and it is always great when you can surround yourself with such quality people. WOW you are sooo lucky to have been there the day Lily was born! She is so beautiful!
p.s. thanks for your encouraging words about Em, I know she will always be a miracle right before our eyes! Love you

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

What a fun trip! I miss you guys! It was so much fun to all be together this summer.
XO,
me

amber buhrley said...

I must be an emotional new mom because I totally cried while reading this post! Thanks for making the long trip up to see us and Lily. It really meant alot. I only wish we could have visited longer. Not sure when the next time we see you will be, which also kind of makes me sad. Thanks also for all the awesome things you brought. Each one was perfect!

Monica said...

It looks like a great trip! Don't you love couple get-a-ways! They are my favorite! It is a beautiful resort! We too love SanDiego! How wonderful that you were able to be there for baby Lily's birth. She is so beautiful and totally looks like a Burley.

That picture of you holding the baby looks so much like mom.

Love you and have a safe and wonderful time in Rocky Point

The Buhrley Bunch said...

It looks like you had such a WONDERFUL trip! Good for you. You guys deserve it :) And you even got to hold a newborn! BONUS!

Amber said...

Looks so beautiful and you look gorgeous! There's nothing like being around a new born. Glad you had such a wonderful trip!

marilyn said...

Breathtaking pictures, it is really beautiful and the couple in the pictures looked like movie stars how fun you could have never planned it to try and be there when Matt and Amber had their baby what a beautiful baby, it seems like yesterday that Gracie was a newborn glad you had so much fun you two deserved it Love you

Wendy Buhrley said...

ohhhhh, I am feeling so left out seeing my 3 beautiful sisters together loving on my new baby niece without me :( I am totally jealous! Love you!

wendy said...

Aw, i love babies! They are so wonderful ans squishy and cuddly and yummy! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!