Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Legend of Grandpa and the Bull

If you are a Buhrley, one story may come to your mind when you see these pictures! A story of how our cherished Grandpa "Lou" Buhrley wrestled with a bull ........and won! I am pretty sure I heard this story from Lou when we were dating even before he told me the names of his siblings! He loves his grandpa so much, as do we all.
So, last Sunday Lou and his primary class of llyr. old boys were in charge of Sharing Time. My husband Lou is now a legend in our ward along with his grandpa Lou! We, as a Primary Presidency sometimes worry when a man is in charge of the Sharing Time, (sorry men!) but there was no need to worry here.
Lou drew, yes DREW, this bull! He then had the kids on the edge of their seats listening to this incredible, and true story! It was so much fun to watch! His boys read from the scriptures ways we can have a "link" of protection from the "bulls" in our lives. He made a nose ring for the bull and each scripture example was a link that was then attached to the bull's nose ring. Lou is such a good teacher, I just sat back in awe. I don't think any of the kids,(or adults) will ever forget that lesson.

It's my turn for ST next week! I will be asking my husband for help!!:)

It was very special to see such a treasured family story teach such a valuable lesson.

7 comments:

Monica said...

I am very impressed Lou! I want to hear the story! I love the faces of your children--very dramaic. I hope they are signed up for Drama. I see amazing talent there! Love ya!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Aah, the BULL STORY! What a great idea Lou. I don't know that our kids have heard that in a while. I think it's time Grandpa Max retells it. What a great way to tie it in to primary!

marilyn said...

Lou is amazing, I would have loved to been there, its so fun when the scriptures come alive and you can see how they aply to your life, I want to hear that story. Lou you are my hero AGAIN! love you

Jill Heaps said...

Ok Lou you have left us in the dark! We want the Bull story!!! It looks so awesome. I hope you guys kept it! I am very sad we won't be seeing you this weekend. We love you!---Jolyn, you need to blog about your friend the deer....

amber buhrley said...

Jolyn, You are on fire with the posts! Way to go. It is so fun to see your blog and get alittle update on your life! Keep em comin!

Amber said...

That is amazing. And a lot to color...did he have help? That would take a loooong time! I can't wait to hear the story. Next time we are together be sure and bring out the bull pic and give us a demo, Lou!

As always, you take adorable pics. I'm soooo glad your blogging them so we can see! The kids look like they are having so much fun.

Lou said...

Wow! That's a lot of BULL! Lou, you did a great job of recreating the "Legend of the Bull" from my word description of the beast over the phone. I could almost hear the bellowing and snorting, even though 50 years have passed since that memorable "bull fight." (Maybe if we added a few vampires and warewolves, we could make it into a movie.) Grandpa Buhrley would be proud of you!
Dad