Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mac & Dad take Seattle.....

Lou and Mac spent last weekend in Seattle for a wrestling tournament. However, considering how Mac loves to travel and especially to big cities, I think the wrestling was just a good excuse! They packed a lot into one weekend.....a National tournament, the Space Needle, Jimmy Hendrix museum,Uncle Jer!!, a lot of food (AFTER weigh-ins,) and walking the streets of Seattle.

I've been told, by Mac, not to mention much about the tournament! (in fact, I had to sneak in the trophy picture.) For some reason,(maybe because I am my mother's daughter?).... he is worried I may have inherited some of Grandma's "bragging" genes! So I will just say.... it was a big tournament, and a great way to start the season,(high school practice started this week.) We all know that you can learn a lot from the times you loose....but......can I also say that winning can be a lot more FUN?!!;)
With Mac's love for playing the guitar,the Jimmy Hendrix museum was a HUGE highlight. As was getting to spend some time with Jer. They had a great time catching up with Jer,Joel,and Molly of course! It was a GREAT trip to Seattle, next time ....I'm tagging along!

7 comments:

Monica said...

Mac,
I am so impressed! I need your autograph so when you are an Olympic Champian I can show everyone! Wow you are amazing! Keep up all the hard work! Seattle looked like a great trip! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Love to all!
Aunt Monica

Amber said...

Congrats, Mckay! Your hard work pays off. I would love to hear your guitar. Can you post a video clip?

Meg said...

Not suprised at all.. Mac is the man!! :) Glad you had a wonderful time!!

Jill Heaps said...

What a fun trip! Way to go Mac...Oh I mean, I am so glad you were able to visit Uncle Jer and see the sights in Seattle AND WIN your tournament! We love you!

Jeremy Whiting said...

I am not sure how the tournamanent really went. I mean I have a little brother who is a great wrestler and he won a lot of medals and a lot of tournaments. But I noticed a 3 foot high trophy in the trunk of their car! I never saw one of those in Justin's room! Maybe they started giving out three foot high trophies as a good sportsman award! Mac would sure deserve one!

It was truly great seeing Buhrleys in my apartment. Thanks for not posting any photos of my disaster area of a home!

amber buhrley said...

Way to go Mac!!

justwhiting said...

Congrats Mac! It must have been nice to relax thanksgiving week and go see Twilight. You deserve the break.

Oh and jeremy, the reason you never saw my 6 or 9 feet trophies or "statues" was because my room was downstairs.