Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

We were the lucky ones this year to get Grandma and Grandpa Whiting for Thanksgiving! It was so much fun to have the time(without other responsibilities,) to just spend time together! I love Thanksgiving as it reminds us to take the time to recognize our many,many blessings.


Grandma and Grandpa are very easy to please! Grandma is known for saying,"Don't go to any trouble for us! Just give us a "bar" and we will be fine!"(a "bar" being a protein bar of some kind!) Well, we did give them a little more then a "bar"! We enjoyed preparing, and eating a more typical Thanksgiving feast. And yes, that is Gracie at the Thanksgiving table in her Tinkerbell swimsuit. She asked if we could buy Grandma one! Of course I told her, and she can wear it for Thanksgiving dinner next year!!:)

We played games, worked on a 1,500 piece puzzle,(a work in progress) , played Wii......grandma and grandpa took the fitness test, they are as fit as an 80 yr. old:)......(the wii MUST be broken!!)We went to a movie,read many books,cleaned up the kitchen 2 dozen times,(because we never quit eating,) , went to Mandi's indoor soccer game, and visited Lou's new office being built. You will notice Gracie changed into a new swimsuit before we headed to the office. Hmmmmm .......can any of our Arizona or California family members say they spent Thanksgiving in a swimsuit?!!!! Come see us in Boise, you will hardly even notice it's just a LiTtLe colder!! Besides, you can always just put a coat on over your swimsuit!:)

Thank you for coming Grandma and Grandpa!!!
We LOVE you!

12 comments:

Meg said...

Lou's new office is amazing!! It looks like a house! Can I live there Lou?! I can handle living anywhere after living with 7 roommates! I love the swimsuit!! HAHAHA Love and logic?
That was the HEALTHIEST thanksgiving feast I have EVER seen!!! And it looks like you got a tripod?!
Love you!

Amber said...

Mckay is looking grown up!!!!!!!! He'll be going on his mission before we can blink. This all looks so fun! I want to be with you! Your Wi fitness test MUST be broken. Our marathon Mom could pass a fitness test better than 80, for sure! Maybe the bathing suit will help. You take such awesome pictures not to mention that you all are very photogenic. You all look beautiful.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Amber! That is a really good point! I added that to the post,(that the wi must be broken!!)Meg, I guess I didn't get a picture of the all the pies we were eating.....sorry I was to busy eating!

amber buhrley said...

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for the phone message about the rolls! Your sweet! It was a much needed reminder as I stayed up till 2:00 am making 4 batches for my family! Its a good thing they love and appreciate them!!

Carol said...

I must say, I smiled when I saw Gracie in her swimsuit at the dinner table, but seeing her in another swimsuit standing on top of that dirt hill with her brothers made me laugh out loud. She is so fun!!! What a great mom you are to let go of the unimportant stuff.
Speaking of letting go...you should see the Christmas Tree my kids decorated all by themselves. :) :) :)

marilyn said...

We were so lucky to spend time with the Buhrleys they are the greatest, as all of my kids are the greatest!. Gracie asked me if I had a tinkerbell swim suit, I said I didn't she said my mom will buy you one, mom will you buy one for grandma, I really want the ruffles around the bum, just like Gracies, we could take a picture together (over my dead body). The kids were so fun to be with, its so hard to be so far away from our grandkids. And to defend our selves with the fitness test it was our first time playin weii sports so we weren't experience, the next time it will be much better. We are looking forward to a Thanksgiving with all of our family together at the same time, maybe some day. Any way we love you all and are so thankful for the best family in the whole world! love you mom and dad

Jill Heaps said...

We are SO jealous that Grandma and Grandpa got you for Thanksgiving. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! We miss you all so much. Love you

Jessica Francis said...

Jolyn,
Your family is adorable and so much OLDER than the last time I saw them (except for you and Lou, of course) Thanks for checking in on my blog. That is the reason I have it- to keep in touch with long lost family members. Congrats on Lou's new office. When Josh is done with dental school we will have to come check it out (and drool over it, too, I imagine)Hope to see you all soon!

Jessica Buhrley Francis

justwhiting said...

Don't worry Mom, the wi told Wade the same thing. I have heard that wi is more difficult than px90. It would have been so fun in Idaho, I wish I could have been there.

joslyn marie said...

haha!! Yes you can :) I didn't ever read the books BUT Golden and I did LOVE it. We usually don't like movies like that but it was good. Maybe we loved it cause it was filmed where Golden served his mission.. so that was fun! We should come visit you guys soon! That would be so much fun! We Love you.. oh and no we don't have a tree yet! We have a pine scent for our house and a wreath though :)

Monica said...

Love the post! It looked like a great time with Mom and Dad! I'm sure they enjoyed a little get a way and some time with their grandchildren! Loved Gracies swimsuits! A girl after my own heart! Love to be where I can wear a swim suit! Lous office looks amazing! Can't wait to see pics of it finished! Sure love you guys! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anna B. said...

It always fun when Grandpa (and Grandma) comes .... ok think primary songs. Looks like it was a great time. It was fun to bump into you and your fabulous mama at Target. Tell Miss Mandy to quit getting older ;) And seriously, Gracie's suit is to die for. I want one for me (and your mom).

Where is Lou's new office???