Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Girls ROAD TRIP!!!

This past weekend....Mandi and I headed to Minico!
Never heard of Minico?.... don't worry, neither had we!
That was a minor detail, we were ready for a girls trip!
We documented the trip, (every step of the way:))
starting with the drive down.
It is really too bad we don't have audio.....
Taylor Swift actually sounds even better,
with us singing along!
We hit ALL the hot spots in Minico....seriously, all of them!
(but hey, for Mandi and I- give us a book, and
a treat. .. we ARE on vacation.)
Who knew Walmart could be so much fun?!
I tried to get a picture of the nice Walmart employee that took our picture....
but Mandi chickened out(notice the picture of her hiding behind the cart.)
Sure- NOW she gets shy! I'm not sure why she was embarrassed, the worker said we definitely were NOT the weirdest customers they have ever had.
Mandi also introduced me to
"Flamin Hot" cheetos!
I know.... disgusting,but they ARE addicting!
Don't knock them till you try 'em.
Eat with caution.
They are not for the wimpy tongue.

They even had a Payless shoe store! What more does a girl need?

Our Hotel was super cute.

Now, the boys in our family have been teasing us about our many photos of what may seem like nothing.......Let's remember you have 2 girls-overdosed on Cheetos, in the middle of no where, at a wrestling tournament with a lot of time in between matches, and... they have a camera.

Can you actually get sore stomach muscles from laughing ?

Yes, I think the answer is YES!


In between our busy activities, we did happen to catch a few photo's of Mac's last match.(the championship match....i have to be careful, I've been told by ...??..that I post too much about his wrestling.)

It was a very exciting way to end our trip!

and yet.....it was not over! We still had the 2 1/2 our drive home! What trip would be complete without a little "detour"?!:) Notice the picture with me on the cell phone, that would be me talking to Lou trying to find out where I had gone wrong!?! The picture of the truck, would be what we drove SLOWLY behind for 20 minutes. The picture of the beautiful scenery....ha, that would be the view our little "detour" provided us. The Cheetos.....would be what stained my fingers red for 3 days, don't EVER let me eat those again! In the middle of all this-

Mandi, in true Mandi fashion, says,

"At least we're not walking!!"

That started the laughing all again.


10 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

That is the cutest post ever! You guys seriously will remember that trip FOREVEER!!! Yes, they may tease you for taking all of those pictures but if you hadn't it wouldn't have been 1/2 as much fun! I think Jac and I need to come with you guys next time...we would have a blast! Better yet we need a Whiting family girls weekend; now THAT would be awesome! Just think of all the great photos...the guys will be so jealous!

marilyn said...

This is such a priceless post, pictures will keep this memory alive forever, and surprise surprise that you lost your way, you are related to your dad. I agree with Jill we need a Whiting family girls weekend. Mandi is so lucky to have such a cute fun mom. Congradulations Mac!!!! Walmart will never be the same, can you believe the worker said you weren't the weirest customers she ever bet, but I bet you were the most loved and cutest to watch, thanks for sharing, you made my "night" I need to be in bed!

Amber said...

What a great mother daughter date! You both look like you are having the time of your life! And keep those wrestling pics coming no matter what! These pictures are really awesome.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

What a fun time you guys had! Good for you to document it like that. So cute. Our road trips aren't nearly as fun!!

Carol said...

Sounds like the best kind of vacation...one filled with memories that your daughter will never forget. What a great mom you are!

amber buhrley said...

Jolyn-3 letters for you...

GPS!

amber buhrley said...

I know the feeling of being able to make something out of nothing. Remember we do girls retreats at Primm or Mesquite Nevada. It doesnt matter where you go when you have someone fun to spend it with! What a cutie mandi is becoming!

Meg said...

I love it!! I am sure you all had much more fun than Mac!! Next time... I wanna play?!

The Grantham Family said...

You have sure figured out how to blog and are now putting the rest of us to shame. Thanks~

Can't wait until my little tot is old enough to take a road trip and be silly with!! She is pretty silly, but is still a sassy 4 year old.

ps. Come on. Flamin Hot??? Gross... and I am a HUGE cheeto fan!!!!

Johannes said...

hey!
I just found your blog accidentally. I don't know any of you guys, BUT: Your Blog is awesome! It's great to see a family like you are having so much fun together. Hats off! I will follow your blog.