Sunday, March 8, 2009

GO PATRIOTS!!!

The State Tournament was the ending of a great wrestling season.
We felt such support, as both sets of grandparents were able to attend.
In fact, Lou and I were the ones late! I will blame it on us having the longest distance to travel. It was actually a shorter distance for the grandparents then for us!
I am continually AMAZED at the dedication of the athletes in this sport. My brother Justin, who is in his 3rd year of Dental school, has been asked why Dental school seems so easy for him?
His reply......"because I was a wrestler".
The mental and physical discipline learned,
are life changing.
The end of season party was a definite highlight
to an already great season.
Here are just a few of the great kids,
(and amazing coach,)
this team was packed with.
Looking forward to next year and another season of Patriot wrestling!
Go patriots!

9 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

ok-so now we have solicitor blog comments??!! What is up with this?? Can anyone explain?

amber buhrley said...

sounds like we missed out on the fun weekend! Maybe make your comments moderate only so you read them first and then can delete whatever is junk?

Monica said...

That comment made me laugh so hard! Sounds like a great wrestling season though! So proud of you Mckay! Way to finish a great year!

Meg said...

As Mac knows I hate nannying for him during wrestling season.. cause I like to eat scones at Merritts with him too much!! LOL SOOO glad that it's over and way to be Mr takedown king! I think a Merritts celebration is in order!
Love you!

Amber said...

How did I miss this post? I never saw your name come to the top of my blog list! Love the trophy!Wrestling does seem like it has got to be the most demanding sport. Well, maybe running marathons is is a tie. Congrats, McKay!LOL about the solicitor...unless it starts happening a lot. Then none of us will be laughing!!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Way to go Mac!!! What an accomplishment. I've been told (by many a male athlete) that wrestling is bar none the toughest sport they participated in. I completely believe it. Congrats on a wonderful season. :)

Anna B. said...

OK, I have seen solicitor comments. I think you can go in and bar that poster. Weird that it happens.

Ummmm....am I just a big doofus?? (don't answer that!!) I had NO IDEA that Mac went to Centennial. Where have I been??

Tonya said...

Okay, so I finally had Collin in front of the computer with me and we were blog surfing and had to check yours out... and he was SO excited to see that you had a picture of that takedown trophy!! I can't even tell you how much I hear about those little awards the week of the banquet. They are like, his pride and joy, he is SO proud of them!! So it made his night to see that you had put up a picture!! (ha ha)

marilyn said...

Way to go Mac, Mr. Takedown Man, you are soooo fun to watch you are an amazing wrestler and you have gained so much confidence and strength, that will help you all through your life. Your grandparents are so proud of your dedication and your good example to all those you come in contact with. You handle any situation way beyond your years. Mac you are a light to follow and we are glad to be a part. We get to say Mac is our grandson, of course we say it in a humble way. Love you!!!!!