Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm FIVE!!!!!!


FIVE YEARS OLD!
Justin has been waiting to be five-(a whole hand,) for months!

Justin had quite the time blowing out his candles.
He was trying so hard! As we were eating the cake,
we wondered if he had given the cake a little "shower"??
After looking closely at these pictures,
we got our answer!
It's so much fun to give Justin a gift!
He gets excited about anything you give him!
We had a fun family celebration, including a....

~PINATA~

We also enjoyed spending the day playing,
"good guy-bad guy"...
and listening to a few tunes on Justin's new guitar!


We love our 5 year old!
And our five year old... loves being 5!!
Although, I did hear him tell Gracie...
"It's OK if you are still little, your pprrretty big!
I think your amazing and being 3... is cool too!"
Justin often says , "Mom, what can I do for you?"
Hmmm, how about staying 5.... forever!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Absolutely adorable! He couldn't be ANY cuter! I agree, 5 is really great. Love the king chair! What fun! We need to see you soon! My kids keep asking about your kids and when they will be coming again. They have already made plans! The last plan I heard was some sort of game. Miss you!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Justin! He is so cute and it looks like such a fun day! I want you to organize my next birthday!

I love the pinata! My nephew's b-day is on the 4th of July and we always have a pinata. We let the little kids go first, then the uncles duct tape the pinata tillit's impervious to the most explosive collisions and the big kids have a go. Of course when it's on it's final legs... the birthday boy gets to finish it off. So fun! (This year we had the exact same pinata - only covered with duct tape).

You are a great mom! This really looks like a fun day. And even better when the birthday boy is so gracious and kind!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Jolynn, you never cease to amaze me! You are such a terrific mom and put so much energy into making your children's lives great. What a FUN PARTY!!!!!! You can tell by Justin's face that it just made his entire YEAR. I love the pinata. I especially love the pic of Mac with the golf club. Lou didn't seem so sure about holding that pinata any longer:) Your family is adorable. Thanks for sharing. I love this whole blog thing!

Michael B. said...

Happy Birthday Justin!

I was surprised that there was a picture of Lou with his eyes open... funny that his eyes are closed in all the pictures where he is in the background holding the pinata.

Carol said...

I understand the whole "5" thing. I told Anne for years that when she was 5 she would get to ride the bus just like her older brothers. Then she turned 5 and she expected to ride the bus the very next day! Those were a long couple of months, where I had to back-track my previous statements from the last few years. :)

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

This is THE CUTEST post! What a FUN fifth birthday!! Love you guysss!

marilyn said...

Jolyn you are amazing at putting your blog together and to think after your first one it took 6 months for your next. We look sooo forward to your blog it makes us feel like we are a part of an amzaing adorable family! What a precious 5 year old and how thoughtful of him to let Gracie know that being 3 is cool too. He always knows what to say.

pepper said...

Happy Birthday Justin. Five is a good year, sure to be filled with lots of fun.