Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break Traditions!!! (chpt.1)

For the last 6 years we have spent spring break at Grand Targhee, a beautiful ski resort in Wyoming. We love this tradition and look forward to it all year long. I have so many fun pictures documenting our many Targhee traditions! So many, that I'm sharing them in stages! Here is chapter one........sledding! Keep in mind that after I saw these pictures..... next year I will be more of the photographer and let Lou be in more of the photo shoot! In my defense.....it was a steep hill that turned you every which way, it was really,really fun.....and scary!






We were having so much fun sledding, we didn't notice Justin was busy climbing a small mountain of powdered snow! That is until we heard shouts,
"I'm stuck and I can't find my boot!"
Mac to the rescue, big brothers come in really handy.


A really good ending, to a really good day.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

What a fun trip! I love sledding but haven't gone for way too long. I especially love that first picture of you and Mandy. You are both smiling so big and look like you are having a blast!

Carol said...

Holy Cow Jolyn! You look like a supermodel doing a photo spread!

Amber said...

I love those pictures!! They made me miss you guys even more!

I would absolutely LOVE to babysit in July. I look forward to it every summer! Girls camp is 7th-11th. Does that conflict?

love ya! Trisha

Amber said...

Lou could do professional photo shoots! (you know, right after he does a root canal. He could offer a deal to do their family pix, puffy cheeks and all) Really, these are amazing pix! These all look so professional, spontaneous and fun. You look beautiful. It all looks so bonding! LOVE it!!

Yes, my girls would love to babysit! My kids can't wait to see yours!

marilyn said...

What a photogenic family, its amazing Lou could make a great living as a professional phographer, the pictures are so beautiful, you all look like super models, what fun memories we missed you just knowing you weren't home, its funny even though we don't see you knowing you aren't home we miss you even more. We can't wait to see you again, we miss those precious kids. love you and soooo glad you had such a wonderful time.

Monica said...

What fun pictures! I love sledding although last time I went way to fast for my age!!!

Lou is a great photographer---I agree with Mom you make great models! Glad you had a fun spring break. I need to get with it and blog our spring break pictures! I'm so far behind!

Emmers said...

I love that you are SO cool Jolyn... you rock at life.

Jill Heaps said...

WOW! I hope you are framing these pictures! What kind of camera do you have? Leave it to Jolyn to look amazing even when sledding!!! I can't wait for the next chapter! Love you

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto to ALL the posts above! What FANTASTIC pictures. You all look like you're having so much fun. It looks like you had an unbelievable time! I'd also like to know what kind of camera you use.... it beats the crap our of my crummy point and shoot!

Meg said...

Looks like ANOTHER fun year in the snow for you all.. SO JEALOUS!! Love sledding!! But I love tubing more! And above all I love all the pics of all of you that I love... I just love let's be honest!

wendy said...

Your face in that pic of you and Mandy flying down the hill is hilarious. You look utterly terrified. Great pics!