Sunday, March 8, 2009

We win the contest...sorry, it's a "brag" post!

If there was a contest for the BEST Grandparents.......we would win, hands down. I'm sorry I really don't mean to brag...... but I MUST!! During the State Tournament we were lucky to have BOTH sets of amazing parents/grandparents with us. All day wrestling tournaments are NOT the most entertaining event for siblings to attend......especially when 2 of the siblings are toddlers! In between matches Grandma and pa B showed the kids a great time. It was a treat for them and for Lou and I, as we could just sit back and relax,
(as much as you can relax at a wrestling tournament!)

The kids then had a great time building snow caves.
We were amazed that the cold-
didn't seem to bother them!
(maybe it did Gracie a bit...
she did have to change out of her swimsuit for IF weather.)
Going to Idaho Falls and Orem,
to Grandma and Grandpa's house,
is a trip my kids look forward to the most.
They didn't even seem to mind
missing some wrestling matches!

Lou and I would also win the "in-law" contest. Lou's parents invited mine to stay the night and were gracious hosts as usual. It really was fun being together. Not only do they get along, but they enjoy each other! It's the best of both worlds for Lou and I when we get them both at the same time!

I had to post these photos of Justin playing Lego Starwars with Grandpa Whiting. Justin's expressions say it all. My boys are still talking about how funny Grandpa was when playing . ( I guess he isn't very good.) I don't think I have EVER heard such laughter during an XBOX game!
Thank you Grandpa and Grandma
Whiting and Buhrley,
for making it such a great weekend.

6 comments:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

You guys are THE CUTEST family:) I love you!! You better come visit me in utah! I love you !!!

Christina said...

Wow! What a fun time! I love all the pictures! What great grandparents!

Monica said...

I agree we do have the most amazing grandparents!!! Aren't we so lucky! I'm so glad that you got help---you need it girl. I can't imagine having little ones at an all day wrestling tournament. Those state tournaments go forever! Cute pictures! Your kids are getting so big!

Meg said...

I completely agree that you have the best of both worlds!! I have been around for days at a time both sets of your parents and grandparents and they rock your kids world! I don't get ANY attention when there is a grandma or grandpa around!
And if I was a few years older I wouldn't have minded for a second that the lady in your ward thought I was Lou's Mom cause I adore her!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

I don't think it's bragging if you're stating the OBVIOUS. And if it is.... OH WELL. You DO have great grandparents! Cute pictures.

marilyn said...

We are the lucky ones having such great kids, awesome spouses, and its amazing how Lou's parents are just like great friends they make you feel so at home we would love them even if they weren't Lous parents. No wonder Lou is such a great guy! We need to get to Idaho and be on Gracie and Justins territory, so they can get to know us better, its just toooo long in between visits and during wrestling we don't really get to spend enough time with them. I loved the pictures they are great! love you