Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter at the Buhrley's...

The Easter bunny comes
to our house on Saturday!
(makes for a fun Saturday,
and wonderfully peaceful Easter Sunday!)
After finding eggs around the house,
we dyed our own.
It's a good thing this is a fun tradition--because it is a messy one!
Saturday night we made Easter cookies.
The recipe takes you through the scriptures
and the last days of our Savior.
You leave the cookies in the "tomb" overnight,
and in the morning you have a hollow cookie,
and a sweet visual of Christ's resurrection.

After church on Sunday, we tried to get a few photo's!

The older kids seemed to disappear...
but we cornered these two!
However, you will see-
Justin was in quite the goofy mood!
The kids are- obviously- not shy in front of a camera.
But..they are used to me taking
candid photo's of them ...
so when I asked them to hold hands
and walk away from me--
they thought I had lost it!
As I was taking this photo,
a giggling Gracie turns to Justin-
and very quietly says, "this is sooo dumb."

You could see the wheels turning in Justin's head--
(if you look closely at this picture you can see it in his eyes!)

as if saying... "yah, this is dumb!!
and, WHY - are we doing this !?"

That's all it took-they were off and running,
never to return.

Candid photo's are more fun anyway...

Happy Easter!

9 comments:

Meg said...

Those two are SOOO lucky to have these photo montages!! Who else gets such fun pics of their childhood! Love you!

amber buhrley said...

So cute that gracies in her bathing suit and love your girls dresses!

Kristen said...

I was noticing the same thing that Amber noticed - the cute swim suit and the necklace.

I love Easter pictures. I love the pastels and the matchy matchy stuff.

Your family is as beautiful as ever!!!

wendy said...

love it! love it! love it all!

Jeremy Whiting said...

I think that Justin learned how to ham it up in a picture from the BEST. Namely, Mitchell! That coy, wacky pose totally made me think of Mitch, the master of cheese :) The tradition continues...

Amber said...

Gracie's comment is hilarious. Love the outfits! You have to be pleased to get such great pictures!

marilyn said...

I love this family, these pictures are so priceless what a great journal you will have, I miss these kids so much it was so fun to watch Mckay wrestle he is so amazing He took first in Greco (state and 2 in freesty) way to go Mac he is quite the champ, he really took first in the freestyle too he was tecking the guy and one slip and they called it a quick pin even he said Mac beat me, I wasn't pinned, but it is how it goes and really doesn't matter, Mac did awesome! Love you

Jill Heaps said...

Seriously, you are one of the cutest families EVER!! Looks like your cookies turned out better than ours. Our scripture experience was pretty comical too. Matt looked at me and said..."You WILL learn something from this!" of course he was making fun of me because I had to keep bringing the kids back together to read :) Oh well, we get points for effort right?!

Melissa Durtschi said...

Jolyn,
Melissa Durtschi (used to be Hymas) here. Your blog is SOOOOO adorable. Wow! Those are some great candid shots of your kids. I love the "this is so stupid." My students think the same thing when I take pictures of them. I love you blog. I have subscribed to it so I can keep up on all that is going on with your family.

If you want to check mine out - - davidandmelissawedding.blogspot.com

Thanks for letting me check out your blog!
Melissa