Monday, May 4, 2009

"Did you know....?"

Abraham Lincoln
It was quite amazing to see Abraham Lincoln in person!
(he is shorter, but much cuter then I had expected.)

Did you know that President Lincoln would walk
20 miles-
to borrow books to read?

He was a man of honor.
In his adult life he bought a store,
and although it failed-
he repaid the debt even though it took
17 years to do so!
It was fun to learn a few new things
about this great leader.
Thanks Mr. President for visiting the 3rd grade!

7 comments:

amber buhrley said...

How fun! What a great job at getting a costume! Your a terrific mom.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

I did NOT know those things. What great things to learn about a president. And you're right - President Lincoln is much cuter than I imagined him being :)

Christina said...

Wow, I didn't know those things either! What a stud!

Monica said...

Wow I wish I could have been there to meet Mr. Lincoln in person! I've been to his home and read his biograhpy though! He was an amazing person!
Looks like Mitch made it interesting---I can picture him hamming it up!

Jill Heaps said...

Emily is going to be very jealous when she sees this...she LOVES Abe Lincoln. Maybe you can get them together sometime. He looks so familiar somehow?!! Great job ABE

Amber said...

Adorable!Please tell Abe to visit Utah.

marilyn said...

I always knew I loved Abraham Lincoln. I always loved his mom too. Although I didnit realize how cute Abe was.