Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"We'll see you when we get back!"

"They have been playing
for a really long time,........
I really should go check on them."

This is something I say to myself daily.

They play so well together, why interrupt a good thing,......right?!

However, I always know a long time playing=a long time creating a mess.
Sometimes it's worth the price, sometimes not!!:)

Their daily play consists of countless adventures that always seem to involve moving everything from one room into another!
They are either "moving" into a new house, or going on trips.

This particular day, I was getting a lot done as they were getting ready for a "trip." I was somewhat worried with the just how many times they were passing me with bags of ..??... behind their backs-all while saying,

"You don't see us!
You don't see us!"

I just kept one eye closed.
(in denial)

Just as I got up to check on them,
the doorbell rang.

It was Justin- asking for a towel! A towel??? "Yes, my dog fell and got dirty-and Gracie's baby is cold !" "Justin, I didn't even know you were outside!"

"Mom, were going on a trip, we got all ready, but I need a towel and baby clothes-we'll see you when we get back."

How far would they have gotten if there hadn't been a dirty dog and a cold baby?

I shutter to think of it.

I can only imagine, (and smile) at what my neighbors would think seeing this pair traveling through the neighborhood with their suitcases.

Notice the Target bag.... this was one of 2 bags, plus 2 suitcases, packed with EVERYTHING they would need for their trip.

Apparently, going somewhere warm......Gracie packed every swimsuit.

13 comments:

joslyn marie said...

This is seriously THE CUTEST thin I have ever seen or heard of!! aw i miss them!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

That is SO FUNNY! I just love that they play so well together. What a blessing :)

Jill Heaps said...

I am sure they were packing for UTAH! It is very warm here of course!You are going to LOVE having all these memories. How do you keep up with them???
Gracie and Justin are very funny I can't wait to see you I hope you guys can come!-Emily

Carol said...

It seems to me that you can't bank on warm weather when it comes to Gracie and her swimsuit. She seems to like to wear them equally while climbing on dirt hills, in snow storms and to celebrate a cold Thanksgiving day. :) :) :)

Jill Heaps said...

I am so excited to see some of Gracie and Justin's adventures FIRST HAND! I can't wait for you to come visit! Gracie, we'll have to wear our swimsuits together!
Love,
Jac

Monica said...

Those two crack me up---personality plus! I love siblings playing together that is my favorite thing, brings back tons of memories! Love ya

EFY sign ups started today! Call me! Mitch is in the older group 16and up this year, but I think Jake wants to go he is waiting to hear from his best friend that moved away because I guess they promised each other, but I don't think that is going to work out! It would be so fun for them to go together! Call me so we can work out the details!

marilyn said...

I can' wait to see and hug all of you, I think these two belong in a hallmark movie, they are so cute, they have so much fun together, I can see them as teenagers they will always be the best of friends, what a great blessing to have families are the best!

amber buhrley said...

So cute!! I am still waiting for my two to play really well together. Porter just still really gets in Eliza's way and seems to ruin EVERYTHING!

Jeremy Whiting said...

Wow, what a negligent parent. If it wasn't so dang adorable I might call CPS. Just kidding! I love that they are having so many adventures, good thing you are at the end of a good sized culdesac!

jonnystephhale said...

Your post made me feel so much better! I still catch my breath whenever i think about the time my little Tyler suited up in full snowclothes and buckled himself in his carseat...in the middle of the summer!! I walked outside looking for him and he just waved to me from inside my searing hot minivan! It had literally been minutes since I had seen him last!

Love your blog!!
Stephanie (Buhrley) Hale

Kristen said...

You have such cute kids. They seem to be the very best of friends. Isn't that wonderful!

wendy said...

those two are too cute!

The Grantham Family said...

Okay so I had some catching up to do on your blog. I wasn't used to so many updates and they all had such great pictures and stories. Thanks! Let me just start with your 2 little "trippers!" I am laughing so hard at them. I am so glad they are such good friends! LOVE your nativity costumes and LOVED McKay's Smooth like Butter shirt! Your family is always doing such fun activities together! Thanks for sharing...

By the way, your building looks AWESOME! Love all the stone work and the colors look great. Congratulations!