Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dad is always there.

I remember as a child ,
knowing there was nothing
my dad couldn't do, or fix.
(I knew this, because it is true,
there is nothing my dad can't do or fix!)

A fathers love and strength
can give such a sense of security,
confidence and well being.

If dad is there,
everything will be, OK

The confidence and Trust
I see in my children's eyes when they look at their dad,
is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

They have no doubt
they will be taken care of,
they are loved, and that if dad is there-
everything will be, OK


This fathers Day
I am overwhelmed with gratitude
for the three fathers in my life.

My own,
Lou's -whom I am blessed to call my own,
and the father of my children.
*
Howard W. Hunter has said,
"True greatness is never a result
of a chance occurrence
or a one-time effort or achievement.
It requires the development of
character.
It requires a multitude of correct decisions
for the everyday choices
between good and evil."
*
How grateful I am
for the choices these three men have made
throughout their lives.
They live their lives in
"true greatness".

They lead, through daily examples of
loving the Lord and following the Savior.

*Happy Fathers Day to all Fathers*
We honor you.

And an especially heartfelt
Thank you and expression of deep love
for my three fathers.
Thank you,
for making everything,
OK

5 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

Thank you for your beautiful tribute! We ARE so blessed aren't we!

marilyn said...

Thank you for those kind things you have said about the Fathers in your life. I feel honopred to be mentioned in the same context as Lou and his father, because i admire both of them so much and appeciate them both with all my heart.
We love the Buhrley family and miss you so much. Dad W.

Amber said...

Beautiful.

Wait a minute- DAD made a comment on a blog!!!!?

The Buhrley Bunch said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post! You have such a special way with words, it kind of made me a little teary :)

Monica said...

What a beautiful tribute to father's. It is such a blessing to know that there is so many great men trying to live a life worth emulating! Happy Father's Day Lou---to a great father!