Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School's OUT for SUMMER!!!

Today was the last day of school...
it is officially SUMMER!
First stop-- our traditional trip to the library,
topped off with a McDonald's ice cream cone.

You have heard of a "rain dance" to bring rain? Well, the kids decided a "sun dance" was needed to bring in the sun! They had a boys against girls dance- off. Apparently, the boys felt they needed to have their shirts off to fully embrace the
summer sun and summer freedom!
I am the nicest mom ever, at least that is what I tell my kids. I told them they had the rest of the week off! We will wait and start our home summer school on Monday. Mitch said, "thanks mom!" until the rest of the kids looked at me like I was crazy. Then he realized he had the sneakiest mom ever.
Happy Summer everyone!!!

6 comments:

marilyn said...

I think they do have the nicest mom ever, and smartest! I love summer, and can't wait for our runion we will have a hugging day, I can hug my grandkids all day long! can't wait, we will make up some new dances. Love you

Jill Heaps said...

Sisters think alike! We did the same thing! I let the kids have all weekend off of school...Monday we hit the library and summer school, here we come! They will be grateful for it someday! We really are the nicest ever.
I LOVE the pictures They are CLASSIC!!

Amber said...

I especially love the black and white picture at the top of the post!

Can't wait to see your family!

wendy said...

I also love the b/w pic, it is so cute. Tell me more about summer school at home. What do you do and how do you get them to do it?!

Mindy said...

Oh the joy of summer! What a great way to embrace it! You are such a cute mom! Your pictures are awesome.

We still have another week of school. Ugh!

Monica said...

So cute! I miss those days going to the library and signing up for the summer reading program! I don't have any kids to take to the library anymore!:(