Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Big 41.....never looked better!!!

Louis Jay Buhrley Happy birthday Lou!
I am missing this birthday boy like crazy.
I am in Fargo ND, (wrestling Nationals)
and away on his b-day-
for the 2nd year in row!!
Not only am I away, but the kids are gone!
Because there is not a
dad
in the
entire world loved more -
I think this is as hard on the kids as it is me to be away on his day!

(Yes, my mother-in-law looks like a model!
And, she has hardly aged since this picture.)

Thank you mom and dad B for raising this little boy
to be the amazing man that he is.

Before leaving, I asked all the kids
to give me 3 words to describe their dad.
The only trouble they had was keeping to only 3.
I told them to give me the first ones they thought of.
I'll start with me.

Joni-generous,devoted,full of integrity
Mac-hard working, determined, FUN.
Mandi-smart,creative,FUN
Mitch-nice,cool,FUNNY
Justin-He plays "bull" on the trampoline with me,
he helps me, he is excited to see me.
Gracie-he jumps on the trampoline with me, he puts me on his shoulders, he holds my hand, he kisses me, he tickles me, he plants the garden with me..
(she didn't like the keep it to 3 idea.)
and he LOVES me!
I think it is fair to say FUN is a common theme!

The other day I overheard a friend ask Mac,
"Who is your dad's best friend?"
Without hesitation he answered, "My mom".
You see not only are we lucky
to have a husband and dad
who is devoted and generous with his time for us...
but blessed because he actually
wants, enjoys-and prefers being with US!
We do not take this for granted because
we want, enjoy and prefer to be with him too!
WE LOVE YOU!
HAPPY BIG "41"!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Lou!!!

Mitchell is next to me and wants to wish you a happy birthday. He says he is having a good time but also can't WAIT to see you.

I say 40's are great! We're not crippled over yet have all the advantages of a little experience.

We're so glad you are in our family!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Oh, and I forget to mention what Mandi said about you turning 41....

"That's not bad, he probably still has 1/2 of his life left!"

LOL! Cheers to the next 1/2 of life!!

Megs said...

You rock in every way!! I have seen first hand your skills. Thanks for bring born and for being a part of my life. My feel of dentist and endo-donists offices has left since you are one. Thank you for you patience, love and example!

Speaking as a true Whiting, You are the best ever!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Lou! So sorry you have to be away on your birthday, but what a great tribute. Wow do all your kids look like you or what. Where is Jolyn's genes??? Looking forward to seeing you and all of us being together! Hope your day is wonderful and 41 is just the beginning!!!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Lou! What a wonderful birthday tribute. I feel blessed just to know you!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

happy birthday dad! i love you and i cant wait to see you when i get back.
mac

Jill Heaps said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU! We are so lucky to have you around, I am glad you are only 1/2 way through with your life Ha Ha HA You are wonderful! We love you!!!

marilyn said...

I've been trying to get a hold of Lou today but I could just leave a message, Lou I have a lot more than 3 words, Wonderful, Kind Smart Best Husband and Father and a great Son in Law I just call you another one of my sons, You really are amazing and we are soooo thankful to have you in our family, you truly are the BEST!!! love you

kristen said...

Happy birthday Lou!! Wow, 41. You don't look a day over 30. Great Genes run in your fam. I can't believe how stunning your mom was when you were a baby. She's still stunning. Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!
Kristen and Chris

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Happy Birthday Lou from this branch of the Buhrley tree. I mentioned to Brook that it was your 41st birthday and could see his brain working. His is just around the corner.... and we just got used to idea of being 40! Time flies. I'm laughing at how much your kids look like your baby pictures. They are adorable. Knowing Uncle Lou, Jolyn probably had, what, 2000-3000 to choose from?