Thursday, July 9, 2009

Celebrating the 4th!!

Get ready for picture overload!
Sorry, I couldn't help it!
We spent a WONDERFUL Holiday
weekend in Idaho Falls,
and of course documented it all.
Keep in mind there were 3 of us taking pictures,
so it isn't all my fault.
(believe me, I could have posted more.
I think Dad B alone took like 35o pictures !) We have decided IF is a great place to spend
the 4th of July.
Summers there are perfect.
Even when it is hot, you always have a breeze.
It really was the perfect weekend.
We started the day-
with the parade.
Moved on to fair rides!



These are some of my favorites.
They LOVED this obstacle course.
They LOVED the competition!
They were laughing so hard,
I think they could have done this all day
if it wasn't so much work!
I love the pictures of Lou below.

Gracie shared her 4th of July hairband....

We spent time at a fun park nearby.


Mckay may want to stop teaching Mitch all his moves.
It's backfiring on him!


Seriously, I think Idaho Falls
has the best firework show I have ever seen!
It is right along the river
and right by the temple!
Highly recommend coming to see them!
Amazing.

The next day no one was ready to leave!
The kids had to fit in every last thing they could.
We went to church, had a wonderful dinner,
fit in last pushes on the swing,
tree climbing and walks...
It is never enough!


This picture of Mac and Gracie
is also one of my favorites.
My little ones
have my big ones
wrapped around their fingers.

Happy Fourth of July!

11 comments:

Meg said...

Seriously though. I think they need to make a Buhrley family magazine with the footage and the GREAT pictures that you always get of your kids... they are the luckiest kids in the world... never an awkward phase.. I am still going through mine!! These are precious!! I love how much Mac loves his siblings and I love how he plays with them. What a great BROTHER!! By the way the 4th doesn't have an r in it! But it did make me smile each time I read it! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!

Kristen said...

I ditto what Meg said! You always have the cutest pictures and your family seems to have tons of fun together! You are making amazing and cherished memories.

These were fun to go through! Thanks for sharing!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

HA! Well, it should have an "r" Meg!! It looks weird now that I changed it. Maybe YOUR wrong...:)

Maybe I shouldn't blog @ 1:30 a.m.!!!!! I guess you now know I'm not perfect.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Because I know up until now, you were thinking I was perfect.


:)

Jill Heaps said...

If you can't be in UTAH you can atleast be in the 2nd greatest place, right? You have such a great family.
By the way, we needed you in the race, I only could brag since you weren't with us. Of course I didn't remind everyone that YOU qualified for Boston!!! WHOS THE REAL WINNER???
I hope you are feeling better. I went 16 today and I am hoping our 18 goes better since I have been sick all week. Why do we do these things? I guess we are all crazy :)

Monica said...

You are right you take a lot of pictures but they are so fun to see---I don't blame you! It looks like you had a great fourth of July. Such fun pictures! Your children are so darling and look like they have fun together. We can't wait to see them.

marilyn said...

These are the cutest pictures ever, seeing the kids have so much fun and enjoying their family is very very precious! What an amazing family you are enjoying every minute of them and you will be eternally grateful that you have and you have all these fun pictures that will keep these precious memories with them forever! You are amazing parents with amazing beautiful children and I love Lou's parents they are the best, we can't wait to see you! Love Love Love Love all of you!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Thanks mom! Your not biased a bit are you! A mom's comments are the best--especially my moms. I am now going to put my "amazing and Beautiful" children to bed before the "amazing parent" in me goes to bed first....and something else, not so amazing comes out instead!

Love you

kristen said...

WOWZA!!! I love all the great pics!! I think you have the most amazing firework shots I've seen. My girlies had my camera during most of our fireworks, so I'm going to blame them for my fuzzy pics. I love being with family on the 4th, don't you? You do have THE most beautiful family I've ever seen!! (2nd to mine of course:))BTW Chris is having serious raspberry bush envy. I think Lou deserves a HUG for all his efforts. ha ha ha!!!

Amber said...

Gracie is looking really grown up in these pictures!!!! I'm laughing at the headband pictures...only for Gracie! Who can resist. What a wonderful 4th!! We missed you here and can't wait to be with you all.

amber buhrley said...

We LOVE the 4th of July in Idaho Falls too. We always talk about how nothing compares to it for some reason. They sure know how to do it right! I also feel the same way about the fair. And I have been to alot of different state fairs! Glad you guys had fun. Isn't their house the best, especially in the summer time when it isn't freezing outside! matt and I always talk about that that is when we need to all get together! We could put the kids and husbands outside in tents!