Thursday, July 16, 2009

"You say it's your birthday...it's my birthday too!"

Mitchell William Buhrley
goes double digits!
Happy Birthday Mitch!

Mitch has been adored since the day he was born.
We got a glimpse of his sweet personality when as a toddler
he would daily say,
"Mom, you can count on me!"

Mitch has kept true to his word!
Mitch is the first to take care of someone in need.
We tell him he is "magic''.
When the little ones are having a hard time-I will say,
"Mitch can you work some of your magic?"
He can make a child forget he is mad or sad like magic!
Really, it is amazing!
and a mothers dream!*10 things to know about my 10 year old*
1.affectionate-
Mitch will ALWAYS give you loves
2. Helpful *he truly can be counted on.
3. Funny *witty,quick,and highly entertaining.
4. Athletic *will try anything-and does it well!
5.Determined *I have never seen him back down from a challenge.
6. Self motivated *wants to do his best
7.Organized *very good remembering things!
8.Diligent *can always be found kneeling in prayer before bed.
9. Playful *kids of ALL ages flock to him!
10.He loves otter pops, salad w/ranch dressing, and skittles.
Look at this face!
I remember wishing I could freeze time.


We love you Mitch!
What a wonderful day for us all to celebrate!
Happy BIG 10!!

12 comments:

Jill Heaps said...

Happy birthday Mitch! Those pictures bring back so many fun memories! You have such a loveable, and fun personality! I love being around you and watching you with others. You really are "magic" with other kids. They LOVE being with Mitch! I can't wait to see you this next week. I think I need to buy some otter pops...hmmm LOVE YOU!!!!

amber buhrley said...

I totally remember this kid! He was so adorable...still is! Happy Birthday Mitch. We love you!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

What a CUTE tribute. I LOVE all these picturs. He's definitley a KEEPER. Happy Birthday Mitch.

Anna B. said...

Happy Birthday Mitch! Wow, we remember when you was just an itty bitty guy!!! Have a fantastic day.

Amber said...

Thanks, Mitch for giving us a tour of your birthday post. It is so fun to remember the fun times we have had with you over the years. I feel lucky that we get your magic for 11 day!!

Thanks for helping so much after dinner tonight. I can always count on you to be an example and a help. I am so thankful that our kids have you for a cousin! I love having your smile and great attitude around! Thanks!!!
Love you! Aunt Amber

marilyn said...

What fun wonderful memories and what a great fantastic boy we had soooo much fun with Mitch this weekend getting to celebrate his birthday, he is magic he brings a smile to everyone especially his grandparents we are so blessed to have Mitch in our family. Love Love Love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

i miss my mitch!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Mitch! I love all the cute pictures! You really must take after your cousin Mitch he has the same magic with little kids. They just love him! That is a special gift. Can't wait to see you! Wow 10 ! That is the big one. You are really growing up!

JoLyn,
I love your hair in those pictures! I have always thought you looked so good in short hair. You definately have the face for it!

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I think it would be hard going back to short hair when long is so easy for me!! There are more options and it's easier to have "lazy" hair days and still have it look ok! With short I get tired of the same thing everyday. Someday...when I get to old for long! When is to old for long hair??

Meg said...

are u saying on lazy hair days my hair looks bad? are you saying short hair looks old? I'm offended but happy birthday mitch!! Read my blog for my thoughts on this cutie!! by the way i'm really not offended:)

Jolyn Buhrley said...

REAL funny Meg. You little turd, you know what i meant...but OK you asked for it...I meant for ME. Having it long means I can wear it curly,straight,air-dry or not, hot rollers, hats, ponytails, clips...you get the idea. I love short hair cuts!! They really are my favorite!I love a "styled" look that you really can only get with a short hair cut. But the texture ect.. of my hair makes it MORE work for ME. Although, seeing Jill (who also has curl,) wear short hair easily gives me hope! Love it. So, need any other hair info?
I am glad most people don't read past post comments. :) We are so weird, I mean you are so weird.

Megs said...

LOL I love bantering with you..now I just need it to be in person!! I will have you know that if my hair could look as good as yours longer...I would have it that way! Love your hair! Love you:)