Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Oranges....

Here is where it all began!
The first,(but not last,)
Christmas orange creation.
I wanted to show how we decorate our home for Christmas!
"Christmas Designs", created by Gracie! Gracie eats clementines like candy! She calls them "cuties" (or sometimes "peaches." ) For the last 2 weeks I have been hearing her trying to wake up Justin with the yummy tempting thought of cuties. "Justin, wake up....wanna go get some peaches?!"
In years past I may not have found orange peels ALL OvEr My HoUsE~ something so endearing! Perhaps because I will never have a three year old again, this makes me smile. I do eventually have to throw them away, but not to worry more "designs" pop up everyday! We will forever now look at cuties not only as a yummy winter fruit......but as fabulous Christmas decor!!
(oh, and don't let the swimming suit throw you....these pictures were taken this week.)
Thought I would also post some of our more "typical" holiday traditions! However, I don't think this festive creation will last until Christmas. The candies keep "falling" off....:) Hmmmmm..... The orange gumdrops went first, then the yellow.(their my favorite.)

10 comments:

Amber said...

I love Gracie's fur dress! She looks so festive.(It is nice contrast to the swim suit!) I also love it when tough high school boys still take time to be a kid with their younger siblings. That is an amazing thing because the impact is big and forever. Perhaps you should put a coating on those orange peels so the decor could be more permanent! The pictures of the peelings are a hoot. She seems to pick very strategic locations for her designs. Precious. Absolutely precious.

Jolyn Buhrley said...

YES! When she isn't in a swimsuit,(which isn't very often,)she is in her Santa dress. She say's she is Mrs. Santa. It is a bit warmer.

Meg said...

Gotta love the Costco. My nephews and I made that house too.. yours looks better! You'll see when I finally blog it!!

Meg said...

HAVE YOU READ HER THE STORY OF THE CHRISTMAS ORANGES?!

Monica said...

I love this post! It is also a tradition of ours! This year we were in New York so my mom kept up the tradition at her house while we were away! I'm sure Laurisa did it all by herself while the boys watched the Grinch--pretty typical of the boys ditching out on crafts! I'm sure they ate the trimmings also! Darling family photo!

marilyn said...

When we were there at Thanksgiving I couldn't believe how many cuties Gracie ate, you are an amazing mom you are enjoying these precious moments that will be gone all to soon, why "sweat the small stuff" these are so fun when you look back they grow so fast. It is so fun doing the gingerbread house as a family, great job!

amber buhrley said...

What does "perhaps" you will never have a 3 year old again mean???

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Ha,Ha Amber! You missed the key word "because" and took it completely out of context.:) But you already knew that.......is this an intro for you to tell us something??

Jill Heaps said...

So fun!!! It's funny how the candy never seems to stay on!

Jill Heaps said...

Gracie, will you come decorate my house??? We need yummy smelling cuties around!