Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Day of "FIRSTS"!!!!!!!

We just got back from Mac's first High School dual. I assured Mac I would NOT be posting about every High School dual he has this year!! However......how often do you have a FIRST HIGH SCHOOL DUAL while being the only Freshman on Varsity??!!!!
They usually start the dual with the lighter weights. Tonight's dual ended ,(and was won,) with the lightweights!! The picture is bLuRrY , but if you notice the score of the match and the team score,(they were down 2 points before Mac's match.) You will see why I have no voice left! My head is also spinning from all the yelling and cheering from the crowd! Mac commented on the way home, "it's night's like tonight that make all the hard work worth it." Wrestling is definitely a Love/Hate sport. Tonight..... was all "Love"!
Mac's match being at the end of such a great team comeback, couldn't have made for a better night of "firsts" !

And yet, it did! Lou and I used the dual as an excuse to have a "date night."

(2 hours holding hands while I dig my fingernails into Lou's palms with nervous energy, could be worse!)

We got two of the BEST babysitters ever so we could have a "worry free" evening. I would tell you who they are, but I want to keep this valuable secret to myself for as long as I can!:)
We came home to happy kids AND a clean house! This makes for a very happy mom!
Thank you Mitch and Mandi!!

p.s. Oh, and just in case you can't tell.....Mac is the one with his arm,being raised.....:):)
"

7 comments:

marilyn said...

This is so EXCITING, congradulations Mac, you work so hard, these times make everything worth it, and of course sometimes are disappointing but they too, help us, in ways we can't imagine untill later in our lives. I have to ask Jolyn did you have an "accident" while the match was going on I was know to have a few myself, only a mother knows how nerve biting it is, you love them so much and know how hard they have worked and how much they want to win, I'm glad we get to see Mac wrestle in Jan, and please keep us posted on all the matches and with pictures, Mac will understand. Again CONGRADULATIONS111111 Way to go, I can hear the crowd, what presure knowing it depended on you for the team to win. love you

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Ok, so just for grandma...i will sneak in another update! We wrestled 2 highschools tonight. Mac pinned both!

Amber said...

What a great night! Keep us updated! I've been wanting to hear about Mac's new school. Congratulations, Mac! It must feel good to reap the rewards of your hard work and dedication. Those qualities will be important all your life. Way to go!

JoLyn, I didn't see any of these posts come up on my list until this morning. Did you start them earlier and post them all at once?

Jill Heaps said...

Mac you are AWESOME! It is worth the hard work when your heart is in it! Way to go. Jolyn, keep sneaking these in (he'll NEVER know!) Love you...can I hire your babysitters?

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Amber,
Yes, I started them on different days. I thought I could post them in the order I wanted? I'm not sure how to do that. They were published in the order I started each one through out the week. Oh, well!

Mac really is bonding with the team. They are a great group of kids to be with. I think this is definitely helping the school transition.

Oh, and to answer mom!! Replay your days of watching wrestling matches....and you will know exactly what I look like watching Mac's!! Need I say more?!:)

Jeremy Whiting said...

I have such great memories of mom squealing and almost cussing and definitely having little "accidents" while watching Justin. Those were good times.

justwhiting said...

Really wish I could have been there.
The first match and you get the win for the team. Mac is going to be a legend at that school. And Jolyn you need to post about every match actually. PLeaseeeee