Sunday, December 28, 2008

Buhrley Christmas 2008!!!

We enjoyed every minute of Christmas this year!
Starting with the Nativity..... we love this tradition. We usually scramble around looking for costumes, which include pillowcases, karate uniforms, and Luke Skywalker dress-ups! This year however, was different.....we had a special delivery Christmas Eve. Lou's brother Mike and wife Pepper sent us beautiful, handmade,authentic costumes! They added so much detail, including pictures (modeled by their adorable boys,) of how each costume is worn!
This will be a treasured gift for years.

Christmas Eve is my very favorite! There is such excitement and love in the air. I love the feeling in the home. The anticipation, whispering about gifts, new pj's, 7-layer dip, deliveries at the door from friends and neighbors........
I don't want it to end!


The kids are so much fun to give gifts to.
They are always so excited and sooooo very appreciative. I'll never forget when Mac was 4 years old and recieved a "Christmas bannana" in his stocking.
He was so thrilled ! He ran around crying his thanks for 20 minutes!
We didn't have any Christmas bannana's this year,

but expressions of gratitude were heard throughout the day.


It is always fun to watch someone open something they have really been wanting! The only thing Mitch really asked for, was a Calvin and Hobbs book. He was hoping with all his might he would get his wish.
It was so much fun to see that Santa had brought him not just one book but the entire Calvin and Hobbs collection,(notice picture above!)
He couldn't believe it and has yet to leave it far from his reach!:)

We spent the day in our pj's , relaxing and enjoying time together-eating and playing the day away. A favorite game played was Justin and Gracie's ,
"What am I?" (notice the picture above.):)


As the day was closing, we decided to put Justin and Gracie to bed and play some "big kid" games,(not that we didn't enjoy Who am I?...but....:):) We were ready to up the competion and .....maybe watch a movie.

This picture was taken after we had put them to bed. As you can see, Justin and Gracie snuck down and joined their siblings on the couch. I walked in and gave them a very suprised look! To which Justin quickly replied, " Mom, aren't you happy we came down so we could be a WHOLE family altogether?!!!!" What could I say to that? Yes, he is smooth.

We ended the night as a WHOLE family altogether watching a fun family favorite, "Get Smart".
A really,really good day.


8 comments:

Amber said...

My kids think it is so cool to see that all my siblings do the Jingle Bells down the hallway like we do! My kids are big Calvin fans. I'm sure the cousins will get in some good Calvin laughs together. The stripe polka dot combo is awesome! You all look so beautiful, happy and festive. Christmas is the best! The nativity gift is really amazing. I'm almost tempted to ask for patterns. Maybe another year. It would get such great use with grandkids as well. The celebration continues...I love the whole week after Christmas as well! Happy Holidays!

amber buhrley said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday! I will email you soon with update on our fun times! Have fun with mom and dad. Wish we were there!

marilyn said...

Boy Justing is smooth, "a whole family" how could you argue that one, the pictures are adorable, what a great gift the navitiy costumes are amazing, you will enjoy those forever. I love love love the pictures

pepper said...

We did get your message...thanks. It was fun to make the costumes, so I am glad you are enjoying them. (Now I just need to finish my set...) I am glad you all had such a wonderful christmas.

joslyn marie said...

These are the cutest pictures ever! I love seeing pictures of your kids!! Justin is so cute that he said that ! We LOVED your christmas card ! Thanks so much!! Miss you guys

Monica said...

Love the pictures! It brings back memories of when our children were that age! They also used to love to do the nativity! Such treasured memories! Your children are so adorable! We need to get together! Hopefully this summer!

Meg said...

What an absolutely FANASTIC gift that Mike and Pepper gave!! I love it!

astheraven.flies said...

awww...you have such a sweet family! I love your nativity! Our family have the same tradition :) It's always so much fun! How old are all of the kids?