Monday, December 15, 2008

Sounds of Christmas........

For me, Christmas music is one of my favorite things about the Holidays!
This year, we have our own pianist that will play for us on request!!
(in fact, he started playing Jingle Bells 2 months ago!)
It has been so much fun seeing Mitch enjoy piano. Throughout the day we will ask for "one more" song and he never disappoints his fans! I have never had to ask or remind Mitch to practice. ( I know, every mothers dream!)
He fills our home with music.

Mandi joined the choir this year in middle school! On Thursday they had their first concert.I really hope this is something she wants to continue! We can already see how she is developing her musical talent, and in just a few short months!

I love to hear Mandi sing.

Yes, with a wrestler in the family.........
cheering, yelling, and whistle blowing are also sounds of Christmas!!
Especially now that Mac is in High School. Their season is before, during, and after Christmas!
This past weekend Mac had a tournament, where 24 High schools from around the state,(and one from Nevada,) participated.
They wrestled 6 different duals, so Mac had 6 matches. We only have pictures from one match.......
However, these say it all. The picture with the referee about to call the pin.......this happened all 6 times!
He was the only undefeated 103 lb at the tournament.
Not a bad way to start off the season!

10 comments:

Jolyn Buhrley said...

Pinning must have been in the "air" over the weekend for our family! It was fun to hear that Jake pinned all 6 of his opponents on the same weekend!! What a coincidence!

joslyn marie said...

i love that your blogging . its so much fun to see what my cousins are up to. i love you guys so much.

Amber said...

Wow, Mitch! You look awesome on that piano. Can you post a video???!! Or perhaps your Mom could fly you out so we could have your music for a few days. That is great that Mandi is enjoying choir. I love Choir for Jr. high and high school. It is so uplifting and seems to attract some really good kids. Some of Megan and Trisha's best friends were in choir. Congrats Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill Heaps said...

Music is wonderful! I am excited to hear Mitch in January YA HOO! Mandi looks so beautiful...I expect a solo! Mckay, I think I will love WATCHING you wrestle someone else...I don't need you to do a demo on me! Maybe Matt though...

Monica said...

I love the you sharing all the fun things your family is involved in! Such good things! I am so impressed Mitch that you practice without being reminded! Keep up the good work! I would love to hear you play! Way to go Mckay!!! I want to hear a solo also Mandi! Looks like you are enjoying it!

wendy said...

Your family is oh so talented! How fun. Our address is
23302 N Serenity Trl
Florence Az 85232
send me your email address. Mine is fentsters99@yahoo.com

marilyn said...

I love your blog, Mitch you are awesome how dedicated you are at practing, I can't wait to hear you in Jan, plan on doing a recital for us. Mandi I am so glad you are singing in the choir what a great experience, I wish I had that talent. Congradulations Mac, you doing amazing, we are soooooo exciting to get to go to your tounament in Jan. Love you

joslyn marie said...

15600 Frank Llyod Wright Blvd #1085Scottsdale, Az 85260

joslyn marie said...

LOVE YOU!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Thank you for the Christmas card! Your family is darling :) Have a happy and save holiday season. I'm looking forward to lots of pix. -Gretchen