Monday, December 15, 2008

"If you weren't my sister, I would marry you."

I'm not sure what happened before I started listening......or what prompted all this "sweet talk"! ? But, I just overheard this private little conversation and it made the 20 huge messes they have already created this morning, seem not soooo bad. I know I can't post EVERY word my toddlers say....but I couldn't help myself on this one!
"Justin, I like your clothes. "
"Thanks Grace, I like your clothes."
"Justin, I like your shoes."
"Thanks Grace,(he looks down and sees she doesn't have shoes on)
I like your feet! "
Gracie giggles and says "Thank you."
" Gracie, I'm almost five and I'm getting really strong! I will be strong enough to punch you, but don't worry I would never do that. You are my sister and
I love you."
(no comment from Gracie, I'm not sure she knew how to take that one!)
"Gracie, if you weren't my sister, I would marry you. You are sooooo beautiful. Actually Grace, when I am a dad...
I will marry you!"
Gracie gave him a hug.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I can attest that these are common place between the two! These two are simply the most adorable friends EVER!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

I love that you're writing these sweet things down. We think we'll remember all these cute things and then years down the road realize that we can't even remember their kindergarten teacher, much less the precious things they say and do on a daily basis. What a cute conversation to overhear (and throw back at them when they're teenagers and not so "in love" with eath other).

Jill Heaps said...

Can they get any cuter? Seriously!! Keep writing...I need to smile every day.

marilyn said...

Soooooo precious, Im so glad you are writing these down, it would be so sad to not have these precious memores, I love reading them, I can just see the two of them they are adorable""""

Amber said...

You will be so glad to have captured these moments for them on the blog.There is nothing like having little ones around to bring a smile. I remember when Davin thought he would marry a little girl in his sunbeam class because she wore a CTR ring. He wanted to be sure and marry a girl that wanted to choose the right...plus he was captured by her ever smiling face.

wendy said...

can they get any cuter? How do you keep from eating them up?

Carol said...

He's right,she IS beautiful...just like her mom.

Kristen said...

That is darling! What a neat thing it is to overhear those kinds of conversations. Just to know those kinds of conversations are taking place...it's awesome!

Your family is beautiful...through and through!